Conveyance Spring (fullthrottle)

KotH Conveyance Spring (fullthrottle) RC3b

• Thread starter Deleted member 27649
  • Start date
  • This map is featured! Our best maps, all together in one place for your viewing pleasure.
D

Deleted member 27649

Lecs F. Copeland updated Full Throttle with a new update entry:

B5 - somewhat of a retest version?

I stopped working on this map for quite some time. This list is not comprehensive.
I also skipped a version for the sake of my own sanity.

This version is quite similar to the previous version, FYI.

Removed platform on the top of the shack.
Resized some packs.
Made that one door a little bit bigger.
Succesfully ignored weird flow north of the point. For now(?).
Small detailing work. Right now some stuff is placeholder, some stuff is not, some stuff is actually in its final stages, some...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Katsu! :3

Veteran Cat
aa
Jul 30, 2021
The CatComp Team (it's real now!!!) looked at this map in beta 3 the other day to see if we wanted to include it in our upcoming 4v4 tournament. Overall we had a positive view on the map but a few issues with it held it back from being a part of the final map pool.

- One thing we noticed when running and jumping around the map was that the clipping of the map is really inconsistent. There's a lot of wall props in particular that feel like they should be clipped but are not for some reason? This applies to lights, wooden suspensions, among other props.
- Another thing we noticed when looking at the map for the first time is that the area closest to the dam does really serve much purpose, at least in beta 3. Most of the action of the match occurs more closely towards the house, the point, and the water area, all close to mid. Perhaps what you could do is try raising that area up to the height of the main area and see how people think of it?

Tomorrow we'll be doing a private playtest specifically for this map so we can provide you with some more feedback. We'll be using the Beta 5 version now that it's released though. Excited to see what's new and what's changed! :D

D

Deleted member 27649

The CatComp Team (it's real now!!!) looked at this map in beta 3 the other day to see if we wanted to include it in our upcoming 4v4 tournament. Overall we had a positive view on the map but a few issues with it held it back from being a part of the final map pool.

- One thing we noticed when running and jumping around the map was that the clipping of the map is really inconsistent. There's a lot of wall props in particular that feel like they should be clipped but are not for some reason? This applies to lights, wooden suspensions, among other props.
- Another thing we noticed when looking at the map for the first time is that the area closest to the dam does really serve much purpose, at least in beta 3. Most of the action of the match occurs more closely towards the house, the point, and the water area, all close to mid. Perhaps what you could do is try raising that area up to the height of the main area and see how people think of it?

Tomorrow we'll be doing a private playtest specifically for this map so we can provide you with some more feedback. We'll be using the Beta 5 version now that it's released though. Excited to see what's new and what's changed! :D
I've only managed to find 3 places lacking proper clipping? That weird tiny shack thing on the damside next to the entrance, under the bridge on the water building, and inside the lobby house thing. The lights are mostly nonsolid bar the ones on the point shacks (which should be clipped nicely?). Lots of detail brushes and props that are sticking out of walls should be nonsolid, too? Is blocklight solid nowadays? ;P;

What purpose did the cliffside serve? Does the fact it's lower ground not help with that purpose? Wouldn't raising it to the same level as the main area just make a big flat space? Come to think of it, I could experiment with making it HIGHER than the main area... ojhaglieu

Anyways, thank you a lot for the feedback.

ps: I hope b5 didn't disappoint you too much with it being pretty much the same as b3 with some quick bandages d:

D

Deleted member 27649

B7

Skipped a version, yes.
  • Changed skybox to Gravel Pit's, and adjusted sky lights. Should be warmer and more inviting, now. (old skybox and lighting will be available as a separate download, if you really liked that one...)
  • Raised water building's water so you can extinguish yourself.
  • Capture zone is now more obvious.
  • Lighting changes in general, should be less dark and awful to see players.
  • The healthpack room thingy isn't too enclosed anymore (RIP, I loved that area's...

D

Deleted member 27649

Rc1!!!

I've gotten it to Release Candidate. I...

It's... finished. At least, as finished as I can have it, for now. Finished enough! It has some really really basic meaningless issues, and also (for now!) lacks a custom nav mesh, but, it's done.

Of course it's plenty detailed, now. I don't think I changed much of the gameplay, though? Uh, I guess clipping is not perfectly one way or the other, but I hope I have compromised well enough on that... I can release new versions if that's much of a...

D

Deleted member 27649

rc2: optimisation, water stairs, menu photos

- Added some cool menu photos (I made the third small picture frame completely myself ^~^ surprised how good it looks).

- Redid optimisation pass (should perform a bit better? I hope?)
-- for those who had expensive water reflections enabled, this map performed like rubbish. I tried to save the expensive reflective water, but unfortunately you can't fade that out with water LOD. I've swapped it to pretty much the same material but with cubemap (cheaper) reflections instead. Sorry.

- Added...