fubar's june steam special recommendation

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by fubarFX, Jun 25, 2010.

1. fubarFX

aa fubarFX The "raw" in "nodraw"

Positive Ratings:
    fubar's june steam special recommendations

before you go and buy any of these title, be aware that I am a overall strange guy who enjoys the weirdest games.

cryostasis 3.25$USD

clive barker's Jericho 1.69$USD

not sure what you'd call that but lets say its a class-based horror shooter.

in jericho, you're part of that weird paranormal investigation team your initial goal is to stop some black magic freak from doing w/e freaky shit he wants to do(that's all I can remember of the story sorry)
    SPOILER ALERT <not really but kinda. your character dies very early in the game. (that's how good the main character is... jking) so you're some kind of ghost for the best part of the game. this spectral form allows you to take control of any team member (that's where the class based element kicks in). your team members have different set of abilities and weapons so you're pretty much sure to find a character you will enjoy altho you will have to switch character from time to time.
    the different environments are one of the strong point in this game imo. the more you progress in the game the more you go back in time. I don't want to spoil anything so I'll leave the rest up to you.

game overall is not a blockbuster. again a solid 6 out of 10. definitely worth 1.69$USD the game is kinky, voice acting is ok. not one of the best games out there but it is entertaining. bored? go ahead and give it a try.

FarCry 2 fortune's edition 13.39$USD

you probably already know about this game. If you haven't played it yet, here's you chance.

TrackMania Nations Forever 0$ (oh wait that's not a special, It's always free!)

what do you have to lose?

Introversion Complete Pack 5$USD

it contains darwinia and multiwinia. what else do I need to say. if you like rts check out this pack

I'll add more to this post as I find goodies
    feel free to add you recommendations to this topic

Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
  2. Ninjilla

Ninjilla L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    I would have put in Trine but that sale ended about 10 mins ago, and it was 4 bucks!

Call of Duty Pack - You get 4-5 call of duty games for the price of one, thats a great bargain in my opinion. $30.

Resident Evil 5 - $12.50

While RE5 may have a horrible story, bad voice acting, and basically rapes the Resident Evil franchise's sense of reality (4 kinda did too), it is still a damn fun game, and for only 13 dollars its a steal. I'd love to play co-op with some of yall, I got me a hand cannon and I'm itchin' to use it.

3. HeaH

HeaH L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Altitude - Great online plane dogfight game, 3 bucks!

4. fubarFX

aa fubarFX The "raw" in "nodraw"

Positive Ratings:
    re5! how come I didn't spot this one...
    been waiting for a price drop for ages. definitely getting it

5. HeaH

HeaH L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
  6. alecom

alecom L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    I hope people didn't miss the Overlord sale :(
    I love that game...

7. Grim Tuesday

aa Grim Tuesday

Positive Ratings:
    Supcom 2 is a great game. $7 is a steal.