PL Frozen Assault

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by eighttailedfox, Jul 29, 2015.

1. eighttailedfox

eighttailedfox L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Updated to alpha 4.

Exposition:

Frozen Assault is the story of 3 payload carts. Blu has a chance to delivery all three, whether or not they succeeded in delivery the previous one. It has been designed to make every stage count, one way or another.

It's a standard Mulitstage payload map, with some interesting stage change ideas.

Inspired by Crash's winter 2014 payload race idea, of making every stage count.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  2. Zed

aa Zed Certified Most Crunk™

Positive Ratings:
    I'm seeing Frontier, Thunder Mountain, Nucleus and Upward all in the same map.

3. eighttailedfox

Positive Ratings:
    Well, the Nucleus part is easy to see. But it's not a reactor. It's a death lazer. As for what Blu contraption it's aimed at, well. I haven't thought that far ahead.... yet

Thunder Mountain is one of my favourite Valve Payload maps.

4. Lain

aa Lain Resident wrong opinion holder

Positive Ratings:
    Holy mother of propspam Batman!

5. KubeKing

Server Staff KubeKing dan's birthday was fun too

Positive Ratings:
    Who's assaulting Frozen?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. ExtraCheesyPie

ExtraCheesyPie L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Like cs_assault, but its winter!

Anyways, I can't even tell whats going on in these screenshots, especially the fifth one.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  7. TyeZenneth

TyeZenneth L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  8. Vel0city

aa Vel0city func_fish

Positive Ratings:
    Pro tip: don't work in spoilers.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. TyeZenneth

TyeZenneth L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    I did not knnow that. It's too big to leave it as is so I guess I'll just make it a link.
    It does look nice though.

10. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
    Images are automatically resized. Just post it. That's why images have that yellow bar that say something about being resized.

11. LeSwordfish

aa LeSwordfish semi-trained quasi-professional

Positive Ratings:
    I like the ideas in this - the two starting levels making a steel-style change to the last is fun, but when you only get two changes they have to be good ones. I cant even tell what they are.

Again, the idea itself isnt bad, and the general layouts are cool, but it needs to be simpler and clearer. The layout itself needs to be more intuitive, clearer so you can guess more easily where you have to go - at the start of the third level, if you walk forward - and you have no reason not to - you end up stuck in a massively complicated dead end that theres no way out of - and no way to see theres no way out until you spend the first three mnutes searching for one. The other room in the third round is a massive spaghetti junction of identical wooden planks, and I spent most of the round searching for the enemy.

The height differences are really really big. The whole map is like 2-3 times as tall as it needs to be (except the deathpits, which are really small so you cant see they're deadly. Also don't ever use dynamic lights - it kills peoples fps.

12. eighttailedfox

Positive Ratings:
    Updated to a4, thanks to feedback from 2 weeks ago.