Frozen

CP Frozen (5cp) rc3

drCooper

L1: Registered
Jan 21, 2011
Hi,
This is a map which i am finishing with a friend : Silver.We are two french mappers and We wanted to make a new 5 cp map for competition. Let your feed-backs.

Last edited:

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
Looks overscaled around the points. might want to take the steep ramps, make them stairs, and clean up the displacements.

Also, the name cp_frozen is already taken (by me), I kindly request that you change the name of your map. I will gladly change the name of the thread title when you come up with something new.

Mar 23, 2010
scaling looks fine, good even. reminds me a bit of obscure, but not a lot. kind of worried about how flat that mid is....and perhaps some sightline problems.

drCooper

Jan 21, 2011
Sorry, we have chosen this name for the map, a year ago when we started its development, at this time, there wasn't any cp_frozen existing. It's hard for us to change the name because a most of the french community know the map as cp_frozen but if you really have a problem with it, we'll change the name without making trouble.

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010
Yes, but do note that choosing name when making the map doesn't mean you hold any rights to use it in the future.
Doublecross original name was Nightfall when Valve started working on it, but Psy got first and relased plr_nightfall.

Sergis

L666: ])oo]v[
aa
Jul 22, 2009
Yes, but do note that choosing name when making the map doesn't mean you hold any rights to use it in the future.
Doublecross original name was Nightfall when Valve started working on it, but Psy got first and relased plr_nightfall.

so, whoever gets to RC first, keeps the name :D

edit: oh wait, this is RC. interesting.

2nd edit: are you guys good at chess?

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2010
if this has been in development for a year, you guys got he name first and frozen should change his, right?

oh and ran through it, and the lower part of mid isn't really flat at all so nvm that

Last edited:

Another Bad Pun

In the shadows, he saw four eyes lit by fire
aa
Jan 15, 2011
I have a solution to this naming predicament!

...A game of chess.
The winner gets to keep the name, and the loser will have to change it.

EDIT: I guess that won't be neccessary after all....

Another possible name could by flurry. Has that been taken?

Last edited:

drCooper

Jan 21, 2011
Prestige is right, as it appears, there was another cp_frozen in dev according to tf2stats.net. I'll assume it to be yours.

I will respectfully change my name. Sorry for jumping to the conclusion you had it after me.

Just give me time to come up with a new one.

OH thank you very much we appreciate it !

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Prestige is right, as it appears, there was another cp_frozen in dev according to tf2stats.net. I'll assume it to be yours.

I will respectfully change my name. Sorry for jumping to the conclusion you had it after me.

Just give me time to come up with a new one.

Wasn't there another good winter-themed name that someone started out with before deciding to change it, and I complained that he was wasting a name that nobody would ever get to use again? If I'm not misremembering, you could pick that one up. I don't think his map was as far along as yours, so you wouldn't have to worry about duplicate filenames.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
For RC this is pretty underpolished: weird displacements, misaligned textures, low level of detail, small overlays, flat roofs, etc.

Has this had any competitive testing at all? I can already tell you they won't like the way 2nd is set up due to the way splash damage travels vertically.

I can't find any web presence for this map pre-TF2M either, Google only shows me Frozen's map no matter what. Weird.

Last edited by a moderator:

drCooper

Jan 21, 2011
For RC this is pretty underpolished: weird displacements, misaligned textures, low level of detail, small overlays, flat roofs, etc.

Has this had any competitive testing at all? I can already tell you they won't like the way 2nd is set up due to the way splash damage travels vertically.

I can't find any web presence for this map pre-TF2M either, Google only shows me Frozen's map no matter what. Weird.

it's a beta of rc2 not rc2. The project began here : http://www.tf2connexion.fr/forum/index.php?topic=1072.0

Sergis

aa
Jul 22, 2009
ran thru the map, ranting in chat parallelly

])oo]v[: Q2 is parented to itself!
LEVEL DESIGN ERROR: Entity Q2 is parented to itself!
L
])oo]v[: thats new
])oo]v[: hahaha
])oo]v[: this new cp frozen
])oo]v[: has zclip so close it can be seen at mid
])oo]v[: and eats away the back of it
])oo]v[: zfights everywhere, no cubemaps
])oo]v[: no 3dsky
])oo]v[: and this is called RC
])oo]v[: weird diaginal texture alignments or just unaligned textures, no -staticproplighting
])oo]v[: floating pickaxes :D
])oo]v[: framerates kinda crap at mid
])oo]v[: this is like...a second-hand map
])oo]v[: the layout is there and houses and all but its sloppy as fuck for a beta, plenty of stuff i dont ever see on tf2m
])oo]v[: now that i have said enough bad things i probably should post it in the thread
])oo]v[: some places just look like the textures are rotated 90 intentionally
])oo]v[: every little board is off :D
])oo]v[: we should play it
])oo]v[: :D
])oo]v[: some areas dont even have lights
])oo]v[: oh wait, its detail area
])oo]v[: the skybox cutting houses isnt sorted out either
])oo]v[: quite a few popping issues with chimneys and shit
])oo]v[: timy nodraw holes in walls at mid. sloppy as fuck
])oo]v[: could be neat with a LOT of cleanup i guess and optimization

drCooper

Jan 21, 2011
ran thru the map, ranting in chat parallelly

])oo]v[: Q2 is parented to itself!
LEVEL DESIGN ERROR: Entity Q2 is parented to itself!
L
])oo]v[: thats new
])oo]v[: hahaha
])oo]v[: this new cp frozen
])oo]v[: has zclip so close it can be seen at mid
])oo]v[: and eats away the back of it
])oo]v[: zfights everywhere, no cubemaps
])oo]v[: no 3dsky
])oo]v[: and this is called RC
])oo]v[: weird diaginal texture alignments or just unaligned textures, no -staticproplighting
])oo]v[: floating pickaxes :D
])oo]v[: framerates kinda crap at mid
])oo]v[: this is like...a second-hand map
])oo]v[: the layout is there and houses and all but its sloppy as fuck for a beta, plenty of stuff i dont ever see on tf2m
])oo]v[: now that i have said enough bad things i probably should post it in the thread
])oo]v[: some places just look like the textures are rotated 90 intentionally
])oo]v[: every little board is off :D
])oo]v[: we should play it
])oo]v[: :D
])oo]v[: some areas dont even have lights
])oo]v[: oh wait, its detail area
])oo]v[: the skybox cutting houses isnt sorted out either
])oo]v[: quite a few popping issues with chimneys and shit
])oo]v[: timy nodraw holes in walls at mid. sloppy as fuck
])oo]v[: could be neat with a LOT of cleanup i guess and optimization

it's a beta of rc2 not rc2

Silverus

L3: Member
Jun 19, 2011
Wasn't there another good winter-themed name that someone started out with before deciding to change it, and I complained that he was wasting a name that nobody would ever get to use again? If I'm not misremembering, you could pick that one up. I don't think his map was as far along as yours, so you wouldn't have to worry about duplicate filenames.
It was cp_blizzard, im pretty sure. It was my map, feel free to use it, i changed the maps name.

Sergis

aa
Jul 22, 2009
it's a beta of rc2 not rc2

bloody hell you could at least have built cubemaps before releasing the map to public ffs

and you are saying it yourself in op - we finished the map. this is far from finished. you asked for the feedback - you have it. and it applies to the map whether it is beta, alpha, rc, or alpha fix of beta version of a final pre-alpha release candidate.

Last edited:

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
It was cp_blizzard, im pretty sure. It was my map, feel free to use it, i changed the maps name.

That's the one I was thinking of, yeah.