Frostline

KotH Frostline B1

AsG_Alligator

qhull precision error
aa
Aug 5, 2016
Frostline - My first Frontline-themed map

<Copied from workshop page (I'm lazy)>

Please welcome my first submission for the Frontline! community project - koth_frostline.

This map started under a different name a couple of years ago (it was known as koth_frostburn back then). It went through several iterations in alpha stage. It was tested a few times on a server (at that time it was before full artpass with very little detail), but eventually I left it unfinished.

When Frontline came around I figured that this map would fit the theme after a few modifications. And here it is, in all of its cold, snowstormy glory.

If you encounter bugs let me know (screenshots and such will be handy). I do know there are some misaligned textures here and there, but I want to get this map out there to see what people think about it.

Cheers!

AsG_Alligator

qhull precision error
aa
Aug 5, 2016
The snowstorm and the fog cover up farZ plane (that was the only way I could make it not run like total crap)

killohurtz

Distinction in Applied Carving
aa
Feb 22, 2014
Fog is a band-aid fix for overscaling. If you can see the default farz plane, your map is too big, simple as that. I would strongly recommend adjusting your layout to limit visibility and improve performance before you resort to fog.

Diva Dan

hello!
aa
Mar 20, 2016
20161001133517_1-jpg.34522

That window should have some sort of frame around it. Also, there shouldn't be snow there because of three reasons-
1) such a thin layer of snow would be blown away by some sort of wind
2) Snow can't reach that area (if it was there from wind, it would be blown further into the back of the room)
3) If this place is used often, someone would brush the snow off or a light would melt it

I would keep things like this in mind for a lot of the detail areas, always consider how people inhabit the space and what they'd do with it. If you want to keep the hole there without a window, maybe make it a blown open hole or broken glass.

I do like the general aesthetics of this map, but I have to agree that the fog is too much. Block out the farZ with some higher up buildings, which also aid in optimization! I'll link a helpful article on it if I find it