Frontline explosive disappear on run

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Zurby, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Zurby

Zurby L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    So Since no one was able to help me in the steam chat, I'm gonna post it here in the hopes someone knows what's up.

So I copied the landmines from the frontline tech demo with all the explosives and placed them in my map all I did to them was resize the trigger brush.
    When I compile and run my map, all other updates are pushed but the landmines are no where to be found. any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

2. BenCo

BenCo L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Are you sure that the landmines are using the proper prop type? There are a few models which only works with prop_dynamic some only with prop_static some work with bot of them etc.

3. Zurby

Positive Ratings:
    I only started working with hammer like a week and a half ago. It's a tf_generic_bomb? which seems to be neither dynamic or static. I copy pasted it from the frontline pack with all the logic for the explosives.

Should I try and change it to either dynamic or static?
    Screenshot_2.png

4. BenCo

Positive Ratings:
    Well I thought it was just a prop and a trigger which is an explode entity or something. But you can use tf_generic_bomb. Watch Crash's tutorial on tf_generic_bombs which I think will help you a lot. Also then may I ask what the trigger brush is used for?

5. Zurby

Positive Ratings:
    I mean, I don't know, honestly. I just took it from the prefab and scaled down the trigger a bit, because I thought it was a bit large..
    Screenshot_3.png Screenshot_4.png

I'll check crash's videos though, I'll bump this threat if I don't end up finding it, otherwise considered it fixed :p (might just leave them out till I learn more about this kinda stuff myself)

6. BenCo

Positive Ratings:
    Well I didn't used the prefab so far. But I would suggest try not scaling down the trigger brush. Hopefully it will work then.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Zurby

Positive Ratings:
    I'm an idiot, at the very start of the line of explosives there was like a little logic entity which i didnt see because i picked my landmines just randomly from the middle, So yeah.. It works now..

Sorry for wasting your time XD

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    Darn, I didn't get here fast enough to explain it!

For future reference with the prefabs/tech demo map, I tried to put as much explanation as I could in the comment section of each entity.

• Thanks Thanks x 1