Frontline Bunker roof texture solved

• If you're asking a question make sure to set the thread type to be a question!

Yabayabayaba

L5: Dapper Member
Jun 2, 2016
I am using the frontline metal bunker textures, but have discovered that there is no texture for the roof, and I can't find a suitable texture. Just using the wall texture on the roof looks weird, but other textures look misplaced. Do you think I should slant the roof and use a wooden shingle texture, or something else? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
trench_koth1.PNG
trench_koth2.PNG

Last edited:

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
If a bunker is clad in metal, it is most likely an empty shell filled with concrete, as that's going to do a much better job of keeping projectiles/ballistics out than a thin metal sheet.

For that reason, the roof is probably just concrete. I don't mean that the walls were constructed and then a large flat slab was put on top, but instead, the walls and ceiling of the bunker were constructed, and then filled with concrete, leaving an exposed top (since putting metal on that surface is not necessary to create a form for the concrete, and the metal would rust from rain anyways).

That's assuming this is a literal bunker, of course. If its meant to just be a quickly built shack that doesn't need to block projectiles/ballistics, use a pitched roof made of metal. If you can't find a roof texture that goes nicely with the yellow walls, change the walls to something more neutral.

Yabayabayaba

L5: Dapper Member
Jun 2, 2016
Thanks for the help. Later I'll post a pic of the change if you're interested.