From Hell

tf2.com

L13: Stunning Member
Jun 16, 2010
Any time we have a tie-in promotion with another game, we'll send the TF mercs a package with all the new items in it (except Heavy, who lives in some remote log mansion in the Dzhugdzhur Mountains. We just mail it to the nearest Siberian town, and they dogsled it up to him eventually). This gives them a chance to get acquainted with the new weaponry, so they're not surprised when they show up back to work.

But when we sent out our latest promotion--Rift, the upcoming MMO from Trion Worlds--we were puzzled when Scout sent it back, unopened. We gave him a call.

"Hey, man," we said. "We were wondering why you hadn't opened--"

Source: TF2.com

honeymustard

L9: Fashionable Member
Oct 26, 2009
I'll post this here too:
I got an e-mail from Robin re artpass medals

"We’re building a piece of technology that’ll allow us to have lots of medals. Once that’s ready (it’s in final testing stages), we’ll start doing all the various medals we’ve talked about."

Jun 19, 2009
I'll post this here too:
I got an e-mail from Robin re artpass medals

"We’re building a piece of technology that’ll allow us to have lots of medals. Once that’s ready (it’s in final testing stages), we’ll start doing all the various medals we’ve talked about."

Hey guys, so we heard you wanted those medals, instead we'll promote another game and try to pacify you by sneaking in a couple lods :D

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
I don't know, I'm starting to become a little annoyed with all the promo items. I mean, its great that they are promoting other games and supporting them. But with an item? When they talked about minecraft they didn't release anything. Why can't it still be that way?

Apr 19, 2009
I don't know, I'm starting to become a little annoyed with all the promo items. I mean, its great that they are promoting other games and supporting them. But with an item? When they talked about minecraft they didn't release anything. Why can't it still be that way?
Because minecraft is far from done and is not on steam yet?

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
Because minecraft is far from done and is not on steam yet?

True, and point taken....

But still, all the promo items are getting to me. I'm not like some of the people who are super angry at it, but its a little annoying....

Nathan Quake

L1: Registered
May 8, 2010
I do like promo items, but only for their unique-ness. Since the items will be available after release, there isn't much point in spending £30 plus a monthly fee just for 2 new weapons. Monday Night Combat was a good buy which I had my eye on, and the promos were the icing on the cake.

But they should definitely limit the amount of promo items for the sake of my wallet and because they only had a promo last month, its a bit soon to release items FOR A GAME THAT ISN'T EVEN RELATED TO TF2.

Tut-tut... I can feel TF2 falling to the lure of money and away from the fun aspects of the game.

zero_rogue

L1: Registered
Sep 15, 2009
my biggest beef and still is with promo items is the fact that they ruin the style of tf2. Then again nearly all of the tf2 hats do this anyways... I bought tf2 as a stylized 80's spy-flick type game. However over the years they've slowly moved away from the original style. And i believe its already at a point of no return.

This whole thing has been making me more and more not want to make maps for tf2 anymore. Its just become too commercial and cheap.

Also anyone notice we now have our first(and I do mean first) Promo achievement?

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010
Also anyone notice we now have our first(and I do mean first) Promo achievement?

Well, it is not promo achievement for long, when Rift promo is over it is just new general achievement that gives you nothing, that kinda makes me wish Valve would add some more new achievements.