CP Frigid A2A

Stone cold and smells like pine trees.

1. OctoBlitz

OctoBlitz L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Frigid - Stone cold and smells like pine trees.

My entry into the Connect 5 mapping contest and my first real attempt at Attack/Defend.

Set in an abandoned lumber mill in the mountains, this map was inspired by Coldfront, Barnblitz, Overgrown, and Lumberyard, and I will improve on the layout and gameplay based on these inspirations as development continues on this project.

2. OctoBlitz

Positive Ratings:

This Version of Frigid contains the following changes:​

General:
    • Made Blu's spawning area and final last larger
    • Remade path to 1st point
    • Added new room for trapped players stuck in train tunnel leading to last.
    • Changed health and ammo packs
    • Raised train times from 30 and 50 to 50 and 120 leading to the train coming less often.

RED CHANGES:
    • Added a new spawn location at last providing high ground and a hopefully good engineer setup spot
    • Added more cover to last
    • Added more Health and ammo around last to promote more fighting around certain areas

DEVELOPER THOUGHTS AND FUTURE FOR THE MAP:
    • I have had alot of fun learning about how to and how to not make displacements and I look forward on how I can make this map better in the future, starting to look towards the possibility of this map becoming a 3 CP Attack/defend, Cannot wait to get feedback to make A3!

Read the rest of this update entry...

3. G.bo

G.bo L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Just in case you didn't know (if you did, than don't mind this comment), displacements will not count as world brushes, meaning leaks can get through. I did not know this, and I searched for a leak for ages with these things. This is a mistake I hope never to make again, and hopefully I can stop people from spending weeks of water less, bugged lighting maps.

4. OctoBlitz

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah I already knew that, I have had displacements in my other maps and I've had time to get a handle of all the different functions relating to making displacements and their place in maps. Marooner's bay was my first attempt at making displacements and getting a handle of their functions. This map is going to be me using displacements to make height differences, I.E. cliffs and hills.

A2a update in a few mins btw, had to fix some clipping before I upload to the next imp test.

5. OctoBlitz

Positive Ratings:
    This update to Frigid includes the following changes:

• Clipping fixes
    • lighting fixes
    • Fixed a few patches to Health and ammo kits
    • Fixed seams to displacements
    • Added a one way door to train tunnel for defending team to make it to point easier (may lock upon first capture in the future)

Read the rest of this update entry...