Framerate drop after class switch after playing while

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2 Talk' started by A Boojum Snark, Sep 16, 2008.

1. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    So... a lot of the time when I've been playing one class for an extended period, and then change class, I end up with framerates around 4 :( Sometimes going back to the original class "fixes" it, sometimes it doesn't. Anyone heard of this or have any idea what is causing it? I am stumped as to where to look for issues.

2. Apex_

Apex_ L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    That's pretty strange, I haven't heard of that one before. I've been having a problem where the game will try to load a non-existent particle system whenever someone fires a grenade for the first time in a round. I've been told it's a bug in the dedicated server but Steam support won't do anything except review my dxdiag, despite the fact a half dozen other people I know get it on radically different hardware and even different operating systems!

Do you know if it's a CPU or GPU issue? Tried windowed vs. full screen modes? I really don't know where to start either. :huh:

3. nossie

nossie L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    have u put anything in the class cfgs? that coul slow it down

4. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    Nothing related to rendering, and only a few even have anything in them, just some rebinds and stuff.