Frame

noodlekid87

L1: Registered
Aug 5, 2009
Hello!
I am brand new to the TF2 maps comunity, as I am fairly new to mapping...
Firstly, I'm going to be honest, it wont be the most amazing arena you've ever seen, what do you expect? Its my first! :)

However you've got to start somewhere eh? So give my map a try and tell me what you think, also drop me a few tips on how to improve the map, or my maps in general!

Any feedback will be much appreciated, thank you.

Best regards
-Alex.

Last edited:

SiniStarR

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Mar 31, 2009
practice practice practice! Thats all I got to say. Just keep learning and your work will get better.

Arkosis

Feb 19, 2008
I took some time to look around. looks pretty good for a first map, I can tell you it was sure better than I.

it looked like all your entities seemed to all be working, which is good

I noted that your proportions of some of the blocks were a bit too big and some of the ramps looked weird.

looking around, I didn't see a healthkit, since there are so many drops from the paths, it seems it would be good to put a health vial in the middle.

I also saw many HL2 textures, The use of these textures is widely shunned by mapper of TF2, you might wanna think about replacing them, and the truck in the middle as well.

Keep improving on your current work and you can really make something worthwhile, keep at it!

noodlekid87

Aug 5, 2009
Thanks for all your feed-back.
It was roughly based on arena_watchtower as it happens :D

As for my ramps looking weird, I would agree :L Unfortunately I can never seem to get the cutting tool to do what I actually want :L

I was unaware about the textures, thanks for letting me know that, however I am also unaware of how to filter out the HL2, Portal textures ect, I'm sure its something very obvious, and I will look into that.

As for the healthkits thats something I forgot, something major I forgot, but I guess it just slipped my mind :L

Edit: Version updated to 1.1 tackling some of the issues that have been raised via feedback, so thanks once again!

Last edited: