FoXy makes MixTapes >_>

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by FreeLance_FoX, May 15, 2009.

1. FreeLance_FoX

FreeLance_FoX L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Over the past few months I've been making mixtapes and putting them up for download wherever such music is appreciated. But this isn't your average shitty pop top #40 or your favorite cute little metal playlist. This, friends, is electro.

Without getting too much into detail, Electro is a niche sub-genre of Electronica that is somewhat of a cross between Dance and SynthPop. It's like Electronica's version of indie pop, that is to say, but it's danceable and you can play it at anything from a house party to a rave.

So, what I do is basically every month or so I create a new mix (much like a DJ set) of the freshest new electro that you haven't heard of and upload it to FTP. I have a back log of 8 complete mixes, each around an hour, for your listening pleasure! I'm ranking the playlists in order of my personal favorites, so if you want to just try, start at the top. But either way YOU SHOULD TRY IT!

Enjoy! >:3

DIRECTIONS ~ For each playlist, download the zip file and extract it to a folder in your music folder. Go into iTunes or your music player of choice (such as Songbird) and go to file->Add Folder to library. Select the folder and then after adding it make a playlist from the tracks in you just added. Then sort the playlist by TRACK NUMBER. The tracks are NUMBERED, you have to listen to them in ORDER. :p

Heat on high for 30 seconds and BAM: instant culture!

Track Lists!

Winter Chills Mix, Nov 2008
    envir0nmiX, Earth Day 2009
    y2k9 Mix, New Years 2008
    TrAiLMiX, Jan 2009
    Holy Christmixmas!, Xmas 2008
    Moai Mix, Easter 2009
    stickyMix, Mar 2009
    Octobrah Von Mixah, Oct 2008

Peace!
    -FoXy

<333

• Thanks Thanks x 8
    Last edited: May 18, 2009
  2. Fireman

Fireman L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Holy crap, just when I was starting to look for new music too! Trying the first one now :D

3. Connect_Four

Connect_Four L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    You are amazing. I have been looking to expand my taste of electronica further. Some of this music is mind blowing. It's great music during mapping. You rock! :woot:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. FreeLance_FoX

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks guys! I post this same post wherever I think such music will be appreciated (seeing as this music is basically released by the artists for "evaluation" via music blogs, from whence I seize it). I love that some of you are enjoying it! If you download it just tell me, I love hearing from people who actually give a crap! :3

Also, the site where I'm hosting this (of my now-defunct comp. TF2 clan) is going down in a few months, so get it while ya can! ^___^

5. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
  6. FreeLance_FoX

Positive Ratings:
    Bumped because I think back when I first posted this, people didn't pay enough attention. >:3

7. JosephOhSnap

JosephOhSnap L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    This makes me want to spell so many adjectives that begin with "F" as "PH", like phresh and phunkey. lol i listen to 70-80 rock and i liked these. :D

8. Psy

aa Psy The Imp Queen

Positive Ratings:
    Shame the the bitrate is so horribly low. :(

9. Psy

aa Psy The Imp Queen

Positive Ratings:
    Other than that, these songs are awesome. Cheers. :D

10. FreeLance_FoX

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah Psy not gonna lie some of them are low-quality rips, but that's mostly because a lot of these songs were either unreleased at the time (and I'm too lazy to go back and fix), or are still unreleased (as in not on iTunes, what have you) because of the artist's preferences. This is all pretty deep underground, if you know what I'm sayin...

>_0

EDIT: for those who have listened to most/all of this already, I have maybe 2-3 more mixes that could potentially be put up. Any interest?

11. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    I can't imagine anyone really noticing it being "bad" unless they worked with sound professionally.

12. x14u2cx

x14u2cx L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    just listened to most of the playlists, im more of a metal kind of guy but these are really good mixes, id like to see the other ones you were talking about...:)

13. Rotab

Rotab L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    green on green FTW ;)

14. Owlruler

Owlruler L12: Fabulous Member

Positive Ratings:
    you could host the music yourself by using dropbox. Espically since the site is going down.

15. Psy

aa Psy The Imp Queen

Positive Ratings:
    Major bump and, yes, I could just PM Fox but I'd like to throw this out to everyone in hope of someone having some of these albums to upload. All I have is Winter Chills and now I want to download the rest. :(

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. FreeLance_FoX

Positive Ratings:
    I can't believe I let this die. :S

I was using my deceased TF2 clan's FTP site for hosting, since that was mighty convenient. I love having these online to give to friends and now that they're dead it's really depressing to me.

I have continued making mixes since I left off too, I have at least 3-4 more and have revised most of the old ones a bit. I'll get this updated ASAP, since I don't have a whole lot else to do this summer. :p

(not like I could map for TF2 or anything...)

EDIT: Just to prove this isn't vaporware (like Spillway :p) here's three mixes for anyone who wants to catch up.
    Holy Christmixmas!
    TrAilMiX
    Winter Chills Mix

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2010