CTF Fourt

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by Agameofscones, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Agameofscones

Agameofscones L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Ah yes hello there, I see you've stumbled across my first TF2Maps post and my first TF2 map, sorta. This map is specifically built and geared towards the Source Mod Team Fortress 2 Classic. If you're wondering what that is go on an click right here. This means it will work in vanilla TF2, just not all pretty like it's supposed to, not to mention a broken gamemode. Now then, what exactly is Fourt and why is it called Fourt? The answer to the name is simple, there are four forts. Four + Fort = Fourt. What Fourt is, is also pretty simple, it's four forts, for four different teams, for four way Capture The Flag. Sounds fun right? Well, I personally don't know yet, as the map has gone mostly untested for quite some time, which is why I've put it here, for feedback and possible testing. Or, ya know, you can run around it and pretend you played it.
    Please note; This map will be full of missing textures in vanilla TF2, however it will still work, so you have that.
    Another note; I'd put up a download link, however, the latest compile is of an older version, as I've split it up into a bunch of smaller map sections for the nitty gritty detail work. That''s why the main version still has a dev texture Blu Spawn. I will get a full compile with all the good stuff in the near future. Maybe this weekend.
    Fun Fact, there are ladders.
    Thanks and have fun.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
  2. Muddy

Server Staff Muddy Muddy

Positive Ratings:
    Looks dang cool. The roofs on the RED buildings and the bridges in the center look awfully thick though. I recommend 4 units for thickness.

3. Lain

aa Lain Resident wrong opinion holder

Positive Ratings:
    I think an awesome thing to spice up this map is to have one neutral flag that keeps respawning, making it a kinda multi-objective mode and centering the combat around the teams a bit.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Agameofscones

Positive Ratings:

Very interesting idea indeed. I might whip up a version with a neutral flag in the center tower.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  5. Agameofscones

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG]
    BLU Spawn.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  6. takabuschik

aa takabuschik

Positive Ratings:
    As far as I can tell from the screenshots, it looks great. Any chance of a version for standard tf2? (only red and blu, of course)

7. Agameofscones

Positive Ratings:
    The answer is a big yes, once I finish up Blu spawn I'll be postponing work on the TF2C version due to lack of YLW and GRN assets and will develop a standard TF2 Version with YLW and GRN forts removed entirely.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Agameofscones

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG]
    Detailed the second Blu Team hallway, going to complete their other interior areas now.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Agameofscones

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG]
    A riff on a suggestion from Stiffy360
    EDIT:
    [​IMG]
    Expanded.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
  10. r13

r13 Train God

Positive Ratings:
    "Back in the day"... TF1 hap a similar map too... it was interesting but ended up failing because no one ever knew what the fuck was going on. So, my advice to you is that whatever you go going on, make sure it's communicated well to the player. I also don't mean to dumb it down either. It might require a few playthroughs before people get it. That's ok. It's different!!! Different is scary. Good luck.

11. Agameofscones

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG]
    Work on Blu Controlled territory.

12. Agameofscones

Positive Ratings:
    Version 47 Released on June 21st, 2015. The Blu update.
    +*New details and good stuff for Blu Team.
    +*Some more props here and there.
    +*Changed intel ramp overlook window for Blu.
    =*Some props moved around in Blu Team spawn.
    -*Some props removed, nothing major.
    -*Accidentally removed the playerclip boundaries; will be fixed in the near future.

This map is for the Facepunch Mod TF2C. You can find it here.

However, this does not mean it won't work in vanilla TF2, it just means that there will be a bunch of missing textures. For the most part it should still work. A vanilla TF2 version is coming in the near future.

Download Here
    Well, here it is. A compiled copy of Fourt for your viewing pleasure. (You can also download it from the OP, as I added that link.)

I have optimized it, however that optimization is not up to speed with the latest edits, so you've been warned.

P.S. Forgot to compile the playerclip boundaries. However the rest of the brush based entities and toolbrushes are still in place.

Screenshots for those who want to look before trying:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

That FOV though....

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
  13. Zed

aa Zed Certified Most Crunk™

Positive Ratings:
    The roofs on the red base are extremely thick. They should only be about 4 units thick.

14. Agameofscones

Positive Ratings:
    I'll make the Red team roof tops thinner with the next version of the map.