Fortcast - A New TF2 Podcast!

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2 Talk' started by Big Lou, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Big Lou

Big Lou L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Hey guys, my name is Brian. I am one of the hosts of Fortcast, the newest TF2 podcast. My 3 co-hosts and I (Carey, Mark, and Andrew) created this podcast as an extension of the Team Fortress 2 Fort community. However, we won't focus on just TF2F--we will be highlighting all of TF2: news/updates, websites, servers, maps, clans... anything and everything.

We've been compared to Control Point, but we aren't in competition. We have plenty of unique content to offer, and I feel we reflect the "community" better.

If you'd like to hear our first episode, which was released last week, go to this link: http://fortcast.tf2f.com/?p=14

For more information on the show and hosts, go to our website: http://fortcast.tf2f.com or our Steam group at: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/fortcast

Thank you, and I hope you all realize that we are a community driven podcast. We will fail without your support!

P.S. We have vowed to never discuss Age of Conan.

2. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
  3. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    you've got a "500 internal server error"

Also, great that youwon't discuss conan, I'm getting quite tired of Control Point not discussing TF2 and yakking on about some other game I don't play.

4. DJive

aa DJive Cake or Death?

Positive Ratings:
    rofl i thought that was a shot at me in steam chat =)

5. MangyCarface

aa MangyCarface Mapper

Positive Ratings:
    Haha me too

6. ChickenHunter

ChickenHunter L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    DAMN YOU AGE OF CONAN
    anyway

7. trainRiderJ

trainRiderJ L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    There's something wrong with the hosting at the moment, but I expect it'll be back up shortly.

8. Big Lou

Positive Ratings:
    Yes, unfortunately the server is FUBAR at the moment. I apologize for the inconvenience. Until then, I've uploaded the podcast to my own personal server for you guys to hear it. You can find that here:

Ok, removed this link as the server is back up!

Also, the reason I feel that CP doesn't talk much about TF2 these days is because they have run out of things to say. TF2 doesn't have a steady stream of news/updates... but that's where we will do things differently. We will be covering the community as a whole, not just the game itself. This means you, TF2maps.net, as well!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2008
  9. Colt Seavers

Colt Seavers L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    good stuff, will make sure i check it out :D

go give a shout for it at coltsplayground.net - there's plenty of interested peeps there too ;)

10. Big Lou

Positive Ratings:
    Ok guys, the server is back up, just use the links in the first post. Sorry for the inconvenience!

11. Snipergen

Snipergen L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    Im listening, sounds promising.

Don't forget the custom mappers.

12. Big Lou

Positive Ratings:
    Actually, we have plans on doing a custom mapping show either episode 3 or soon after.

13. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    Over an hour seems a bit long, i was expecting like 10 minutes which seems a bit short when you managed to talk for that long quite easily. So i was surprised and excited it was longer. I'd say half an hour is probably a good enough length, i listened to this while eating my tea and then had to come back to this another day to finish listening.