Forge

FlavorRage

L4: Comfortable Member
Oct 12, 2008
Location: due east of Eek, Alaska. Spytech has constructed a huge furnace capable of heating material to the necessary temperatures to form plasma. They plan to use this for weapons research, and, more importantly, fuel for doomsday devices. The heat from the furnace is also used to heat the facility and melt snow, which is then placed in barrels to keep it from freezing and used to keep the forge from causing damage should it overheat. Unfortunately for Spytech, RED and BLU have both taken an interest in the facility and, rather than purchasing it as Spytech planned, have sent in their mercenary teams to claim the forge....

!ALPHA 2a RELEASED!

Well alright, this is my first release since my fiasco attempting to make ctf_sawmill (oh the irony!). Forge is a 5cp map (because we can never have to many) and uses the new snowy theme, as well as a bit of industrial styling. I think I've got a real winner here in terms of layout design. It was designed with heavies in mind specifically (as that's my main class) but also has plenty of sniping spots, sentry spots, double-jump places, rocketjump-able ledges, and side routes for spies. It uses props from nucleus in the center, where I plan to have randomized but periodic "Meltdown" events in the future. :lol:
Please let me know what you think!

Custom props by Schmitz, Acumen, and Big Rexy :D
Custom "intense temperatures" sign textures by Void.

Last edited:

StickZer0

💙💙💃💙💙
aa
Nov 25, 2008
First impression - faaar too dark.
At places it's pitch black and you can't see where you're going.

Putting that aside, I quite like this map, but it's quite hard to know what goes where or if you're going in the right direction. At one point I jumped into a little pipe thing that goes underwater, got stuck in it and couldn't escape because it was so dark and drowned :/

FlavorRage

Oct 12, 2008
Sorry about that StickZer0, I was planning to add signage during the detailing phase, but I guess it would be more logical to have it there from the start, huh? :p

As for lights, The central point was intended to be very dark, with most of the light coming from the fire pit. If it proves to be a problem, I'll brighten it up some more.

Thanks for pointing out the pipes, I will add more lights in there straight away.

FlavorRage

Oct 12, 2008
Currently removing the dev textures as I want to start developing the theme a bit.

FlavorRage

Oct 12, 2008
I need to fix the particles. One moment, a2a will be ready in a few minutes.