Forest Compound

KotH Forest Compound A2

Darken Sensei [TeamPyro]

L1: Registered
Jul 31, 2016
koth_mann_co_space_program - My First Map, a simple koth

This is my first map

I think of this map as a prequel of rd_asteroid, this being the teams fighting to get to a rocket first.
This map isn't finished and it has almost no detail in some areas, but i think it's somewhat good.

nᵗʰSonata

Takes way to long to make and update maps
aa
Jun 11, 2015
Congratulations on your first map!
The map is really small, just spawns and then the point area; I'd suggest looking at other koth maps and seeing how large they are.
Secondly, usually maps go through alpha stages (such as a1) before they are beta (such as b1, which you marked your map as).
Also, the map isn't perfectly symmetrical, as there are some props blocking the point on red's side but not blue's
If you haven't already, I'd highly suggest checking out UEAKCrash's channel, particularly his videos on the Viaduct theory and version naming. Also remember to test your map in a TF2Maps.net impromptu map test by using the Discord chat bot once you feel comfortable!

Darken Sensei [TeamPyro]

Jul 31, 2016
Congratulations on your first map!
The map is really small, just spawns and then the point area; I'd suggest looking at other koth maps and seeing how large they are.
Secondly, usually maps go through alpha stages (such as a1) before they are beta (such as b1, which you marked your map as).
Also, the map isn't perfectly symmetrical, as there are some props blocking the point on red's side but not blue's
If you haven't already, I'd highly suggest checking out UEAKCrash's channel, particularly his videos on the Viaduct theory and version naming. Also remember to test your map in a TF2Maps.net impromptu map test by using the Discord chat bot once you feel comfortable!
Thanks for the reply, I'm already working to improve the map by making it bigger and symmetrical in both teams. Also I'm changing the map name to an alpha version

Darken Sensei [TeamPyro]

Jul 31, 2016
Alpha 2 has been released, yay!
I've been working my back side off to make this map more like the viaduct formula, but removing some small things, i still need to work on some areas and cover, the WiP areas have been blocked with props and each one has a sing that says "Under Construction". This map still needs some improvement (obliviously, it's on Alpha, duh) but i think it is better than before.

Changelog:
-Major Overhaul of the spawns
-Improved Lighting
-Attempting to make a 3D Sky-box and failed miserably (someone please help me)
-Optimized a little bit more
-Changed the iteration from Beta to Alpha
-Made the map symmetrical
-Replaced the orange Dev slopes with stairs

Read the rest of this update entry...