1. On August 16th at 9pm CST, the site will be put in to read only mode for maintenance. Maintenance should not take longer than an hour.

Forcing Sudden Death on server side

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by gottimw, Oct 8, 2008.

1. gottimw

gottimw L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    So i had a problem with a sudden death mode not working, a stalemate poped out at the end of round. I did some research and found out that it Sudden death (SD) to be set one the server side too.

Is there a way to force the server to switch frome stalemate to SD ?
    I know the console command but is there a way to enforce that command on map spawn?

2. MrAlBobo

MrAlBobo L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    if you know the console command then why not just add it to your server.cfg...im assuming you have access to that...

3. gottimw

Positive Ratings:
    yes but that's not my question. I am making a map and i wish it to enfore sudden_death on all servers that gonna run it

4. MrAlBobo

MrAlBobo L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    ah, you kept saying server side so i assumed thats what you meant...

look for an entity called game_round_win, im fairly sure theres an option somewhere in it that lets you choose between red, blue and sudden death, of course it depends on your gametype i guess...

5. ChronoTriggerFan

ChronoTriggerFan L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Well, that server command is there because not everyone likes sudden death. I'm pretty sure there is a way to force it, but a good percentage of the servers wouldn't like that, unfortunately.

6. FaTony

FaTony Banned

Positive Ratings:
    mp_stalemate_enable 1

7. Zeewier

Zeewier L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    I do not recommend this, but you can set server vars in a map with the point_servercommand entity and use mp_stalemate_enable 1

8. Psyphil

Psyphil L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    I'm not sure this will work, don't you have to changelevel afterwards for the command to work? But if something works, it would be this.

9. Zeewier

Positive Ratings:
    maybe, i will test it in a min...

But another idea; use a <map name>.cfg with all the commands you want to set, I also think that when the map is finished everything is set to server default. Not sure whether it can be packed inside the bsp or not...

But I could do some research on that...

10. Zeewier

Positive Ratings:

This WORKS!

But I think the best way to go is with a .cfg because this will reset stalemate to default when the map is played. You can't pack this inside the bsp.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2008
  11. gottimw

Positive Ratings:
    Well thanks for help ^_^
    However as you mentioned its not good idea to enforce something I guess. So how about setting server to Sudden_Death as default but admins could change it?
    Or would you think its better to have a recommendation for admins to set it up??

12. FaTony

FaTony Banned

Positive Ratings:
    point_servercommand is an admin disrespection.

13. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    Respawn time modification is a mapper (and above that, valve) disrespection.

So I'd have no qualms about using it if my game mode required such until those damnable spawnmod servers die a horrible toasted death.