Forcing Sudden Death on server side

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by gottimw, Oct 8, 2008.

1. gottimw

gottimw L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    So i had a problem with a sudden death mode not working, a stalemate poped out at the end of round. I did some research and found out that it Sudden death (SD) to be set one the server side too.

Is there a way to force the server to switch frome stalemate to SD ?
    I know the console command but is there a way to enforce that command on map spawn?

2. MrAlBobo

MrAlBobo L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    if you know the console command then why not just add it to your server.cfg...im assuming you have access to that...

3. gottimw

Positive Ratings:
    yes but that's not my question. I am making a map and i wish it to enfore sudden_death on all servers that gonna run it

4. MrAlBobo

MrAlBobo L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    ah, you kept saying server side so i assumed thats what you meant...

look for an entity called game_round_win, im fairly sure theres an option somewhere in it that lets you choose between red, blue and sudden death, of course it depends on your gametype i guess...

5. ChronoTriggerFan

ChronoTriggerFan L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Well, that server command is there because not everyone likes sudden death. I'm pretty sure there is a way to force it, but a good percentage of the servers wouldn't like that, unfortunately.

6. FaTony

FaTony Banned

Positive Ratings:
    mp_stalemate_enable 1

7. Zeewier

Zeewier L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    I do not recommend this, but you can set server vars in a map with the point_servercommand entity and use mp_stalemate_enable 1

8. Psyphil

Psyphil L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    I'm not sure this will work, don't you have to changelevel afterwards for the command to work? But if something works, it would be this.

9. Zeewier

Positive Ratings:
    maybe, i will test it in a min...

But another idea; use a <map name>.cfg with all the commands you want to set, I also think that when the map is finished everything is set to server default. Not sure whether it can be packed inside the bsp or not...

But I could do some research on that...

10. Zeewier

Positive Ratings:

This WORKS!

But I think the best way to go is with a .cfg because this will reset stalemate to default when the map is played. You can't pack this inside the bsp.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2008
  11. gottimw

Positive Ratings:
    Well thanks for help ^_^
    However as you mentioned its not good idea to enforce something I guess. So how about setting server to Sudden_Death as default but admins could change it?
    Or would you think its better to have a recommendation for admins to set it up??

12. FaTony

FaTony Banned

Positive Ratings:
    point_servercommand is an admin disrespection.

13. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    Respawn time modification is a mapper (and above that, valve) disrespection.

So I'd have no qualms about using it if my game mode required such until those damnable spawnmod servers die a horrible toasted death.