Exactol

Certified Hammer Hacker
aa
Jul 11, 2013
Like melee only? You could strip the weapons off of them except for that slot

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
The only way I could think of doing it is sending a command to their client using a point_clientcommand and a trigger_multiple. I forget the exact command to do it (sure you can find it easy on the wiki or something) but the only issue is it may require the server to have cheats (I don't think so? but maybe) on.

UKCS-Alias

Mann vs Machine... or... Mapper vs Meta?
aa
Sep 8, 2008
I see an issue however and that is that people are able to change the way some commands word. They for example could rebind the change weapon command to do nothing.

Its the same way as some scripts block pinion. And they might exploit that.

Beetle

L9: Fashionable Member
Aug 17, 2008
I see an issue however and that is that people are able to change the way some commands word. They for example could rebind the change weapon command to do nothing.

Its the same way as some scripts block pinion. And they might exploit that.

well if he's doing it for the sake of melee-only, then it's just something that'll have to happen. It's at least better than having a bunch of civs running around by default.

Avaray

L2: Junior Member
Oct 14, 2011
Im creating map for mp_tournament (with custom tournament whitelist) with only one weapon allowed (for slot2).
So then player can use only stock weapons for weapon slots 1,3,4 - but weapons are killed by trigger_multiple.
Everything is working perfect, but when player lost connection to TF2 item server then his weapon will be switched to stock weapon on slot2.
I think only way to exploit this system is to block IP of TF2 item server in frewall or something like that.

Edit: I was wrong. I was using entity tf_weapon shotgun - and that was my bad. I should use tf_weapon_shotgun_pyro - because this is only class allowed. So players CANT exploit this :)

Too bad - From what I know thats impossible to Equip specific weapon on player in TF2 (with game_player_equip).

Last edited: