Force player to drop intel

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by corpsinhere, Dec 19, 2010.

1. corpsinhere

corpsinhere L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I would like to be able to set up areas which act like a spawnroom in that the intel is dropped at the border (but otherwise not like a spawnroom). I am unsuccessfully using a trigger_multiple with output: OnStartTouch; !activator; dropitem. This works with OnStartTouch; !activator; IgnitePlayer. I suspect that the TFPlayer commands are not the same as the console commands. It would be very nice to find a list of commands that are legal to apply to !activator assuming the activator is a player (googling TFPlayer and tf_player did not yield much).

2. Untouch

Untouch L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    An input of ForceDrop on the flag entity will drop it.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2010
  3. corpsinhere

Positive Ratings:
    Excellent!
    But how do I get to the flag entity? !activator from the output of the trigger_multiple seems to point at the player.

4. corpsinhere

Positive Ratings:
    Nm I can just call ForceDrop on all the flags in the map.
    Thanks!
    But I still would really like a list of commands.
    [Edit: I just tried it out and it works!]

Last edited: Dec 19, 2010
  5. StickZer0

aa StickZer0 💙💙💃💙💙

Positive Ratings:
    I would just like to point out, that even if you have a trigger brush forcing players to drop the intel, it's still possible to "inch" the intel through it by picking it up, moving slightly and then dropping it again. It takes a long time, but it is possible.

6. Zeewier

Zeewier L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
  7. lana

aa lana Currently On: ?????

Positive Ratings:
    P.S. flags aren't detectable by trigger_multiples.

8. Pseudo

Pseudo L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    func_flag_alert can detect when a flag enters an area, you can turn off the sound alert setting and then send your flag a ForceDrop. There's also func_respawnflag which will return the flag to its base (or you could send the flag a ForceReset).

As for the commands that you can send to a player entity, you can find a list of all of them by typing ent_info player in the console ingame. Not all of them acually work, some of the inputs that do are: IgnitePlayer, ExtinguishPlayer, SetHealth, SetHUDVisibility, SetFogController, SetTeam, Color, SetDamageFilter, AddOutput.

9. corpsinhere

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks everyone for the responses - a lot of good information.