Fool Hill

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by Randdalf, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Randdalf

aa Randdalf

Positive Ratings:
    Sooooo yeah, this may come as a surprise to some. I've turned the BLU side of Fool Hill, as the RED side is (as-ever) still under construction for the still planned 5 CP version, into an A/D CTF map.

It's a single round of A/D CTF with a short time limit, which will hopefully provide fast-paced gameplay for both sides rather than the usual drawn out slog fests of multi-round maps.

As this was all-but ripped from one of my existing maps, it's basically fully detailed already, with the exception of a new-ish area at the side of the RED spawn. This also means there's no 3D skybox, or soundscapes yet, hence why this is an alpha (and that's not even considering the untested gameplay).

There are however, unseen enhancements from the previous a5 pf the 5 CP version such as a new route and lots of detailing. The main CTF specific change is the extension of a ramp up to the attacker's balcony on the first CP, which'll make it harder for an easy cap to be scored from up there.

I hope it works out fine (I haven't tested the cap blocking D:). Thanks for playing/downloading it if you do :)

Last edited: Oct 16, 2009
  2. Owlruler

Owlruler L12: Fabulous Member

Positive Ratings:
    wait, DBP did your cubemaps :O

3. Void

aa Void Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say

Positive Ratings:
    Fuck yeah I loved this map

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Randdalf

aa Randdalf

Positive Ratings:
    Yah, my TF2 crashes and dies (and my laptop with it), every time I build cubemaps - he's been a huge help (DBP also took all the screenshots).

5. Seba

aa Seba DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD

Positive Ratings:
    The map is fun, but really small and RED attacking is weird. Switch the teams and go with the theory we decided on ;D

6. Dr. ROCKZO

Dr. ROCKZO L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Loved this, but it requires a lot of teamwork to break some sentries..

7. Remix

Remix L69: Deviant Member

Positive Ratings:
    I have the same cubemap problem :( It is definitely a hassle to try and get someone else to compile cubemaps when you are ready to release.

Anyways, map looks great.

8. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    Wow, screenshots 1 and 3 remind me so much of Granary.