Fool Hill

Feb 14, 2008
Sooooo yeah, this may come as a surprise to some. I've turned the BLU side of Fool Hill, as the RED side is (as-ever) still under construction for the still planned 5 CP version, into an A/D CTF map.

It's a single round of A/D CTF with a short time limit, which will hopefully provide fast-paced gameplay for both sides rather than the usual drawn out slog fests of multi-round maps.

As this was all-but ripped from one of my existing maps, it's basically fully detailed already, with the exception of a new-ish area at the side of the RED spawn. This also means there's no 3D skybox, or soundscapes yet, hence why this is an alpha (and that's not even considering the untested gameplay).

There are however, unseen enhancements from the previous a5 pf the 5 CP version such as a new route and lots of detailing. The main CTF specific change is the extension of a ramp up to the attacker's balcony on the first CP, which'll make it harder for an easy cap to be scored from up there.

I hope it works out fine (I haven't tested the cap blocking D:). Thanks for playing/downloading it if you do :)

Last edited:

Owlruler

L12: Fabulous Member
Dec 10, 2008
wait, DBP did your cubemaps :O

Feb 14, 2008
wait, DBP did your cubemaps :O

Yah, my TF2 crashes and dies (and my laptop with it), every time I build cubemaps - he's been a huge help (DBP also took all the screenshots).

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
The map is fun, but really small and RED attacking is weird. Switch the teams and go with the theory we decided on ;D

Remix

L69: Deviant Member
Feb 27, 2008
Yah, my TF2 crashes and dies (and my laptop with it), every time I build cubemaps - he's been a huge help (DBP also took all the screenshots).

I have the same cubemap problem :( It is definitely a hassle to try and get someone else to compile cubemaps when you are ready to release.

Anyways, map looks great.