Fogbox

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by Tapp, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Tapp

Tapp L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    LASERS
    Whether you're firing them, staring into them, or just chargin' them, lasers are awesome. Some might even say they're the new windmill-train-saws. I wouldn't say that though. All I'm saying is that what is found in this map is a box of death. You have a 512 unit bubble of vision, and an extremely high chance of death-by-spam. Because war is easy, I've altered the map so that the moon shoots laser beams.

Fogbox is a small-ish (2048x2048) dev map, designed as a proof-of-concept map for my possible submission to the orange map contest. It contains no cubemaps, is very dark, and has no cover whatsoever.

2. Micnax

aa Micnax I maek map

Positive Ratings:
    What?

Even with it being incredibly dark and foggy, it'd be nice to have SOME cover, like the metal barriers from Hydro

3. Tapp

Positive Ratings:
    Yes, I know, the map is more about how the lasers affect play. I figured the main reason you would want cover in this map is sentries, which are easily dispatched by the lasers.

4. FiLi

FiLi L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    I don't really like that hard falloff on the end of the laser where it reaches the ground.

5. Acumen

aa Acumen Annoyer

Positive Ratings:
    the amount of weird funmaps in this forum amazes me.
    i remember the time a couple of months ago, where everyone was whining about these kind of things.
    now it's the new black all of a sudden.
    i really hope things change again :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Penguin

aa Penguin Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome

Positive Ratings:
    what the func man

7. Mr. Wimples

Mr. Wimples L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Kinda reminds me of an alien invasion or something....

New map idea; Same thing, but make it a foggy city or whatnot and UFOs shoot the lasers and destroy the city as you fight.

8. Tapp

Positive Ratings:
    Actually, I'm probably going to make it a normal map, with lasers as a random environmental hazard. Good idea, but I doubt I'll ever wind up making either of these ideas.

9. Firest0rm

Firest0rm L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    i have to agree, lasers are awesome!