Fogbox

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by Tapp, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Tapp

Tapp L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    LASERS
    Whether you're firing them, staring into them, or just chargin' them, lasers are awesome. Some might even say they're the new windmill-train-saws. I wouldn't say that though. All I'm saying is that what is found in this map is a box of death. You have a 512 unit bubble of vision, and an extremely high chance of death-by-spam. Because war is easy, I've altered the map so that the moon shoots laser beams.

Fogbox is a small-ish (2048x2048) dev map, designed as a proof-of-concept map for my possible submission to the orange map contest. It contains no cubemaps, is very dark, and has no cover whatsoever.

2. Micnax

aa Micnax Back from the dead (again)

Positive Ratings:
    What?

Even with it being incredibly dark and foggy, it'd be nice to have SOME cover, like the metal barriers from Hydro

3. Tapp

Positive Ratings:
    Yes, I know, the map is more about how the lasers affect play. I figured the main reason you would want cover in this map is sentries, which are easily dispatched by the lasers.

4. FiLi

FiLi L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    I don't really like that hard falloff on the end of the laser where it reaches the ground.

5. Acumen

aa Acumen Annoyer

Positive Ratings:
    the amount of weird funmaps in this forum amazes me.
    i remember the time a couple of months ago, where everyone was whining about these kind of things.
    now it's the new black all of a sudden.
    i really hope things change again :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Penguin

aa Penguin Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome

Positive Ratings:
    what the func man

7. Mr. Wimples

Mr. Wimples L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Kinda reminds me of an alien invasion or something....

New map idea; Same thing, but make it a foggy city or whatnot and UFOs shoot the lasers and destroy the city as you fight.

8. Tapp

Positive Ratings:
    Actually, I'm probably going to make it a normal map, with lasers as a random environmental hazard. Good idea, but I doubt I'll ever wind up making either of these ideas.

9. Firest0rm

Firest0rm L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    i have to agree, lasers are awesome!