1. On August 16th at 9pm CST, the site will be put in to read only mode for maintenance. Maintenance should not take longer than an hour.

Fog?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by SiniStarR, Apr 6, 2009.

1. SiniStarR

SiniStarR L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    I've been looking for tutorials on fog but, I haven't had any luck. Does anyone know where/ have a tutorial or no how to use it properly? Or maybe even the best way to test fog without having to recompile after every slight change?

2. Kill_the_Bug

Kill_the_Bug L14: Epic Member

Positive Ratings:
    I'll look at my map when I get home for you - I have a very nice fog effect happening.

One thing I do know - when you use fog it's over the entire map - you can'y put it into one small area - unless something's changed from the time I used it - once I get home I can look at how I set it up to give you some better ideas

If you need screen shots you can see them here:

http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=4095&highlight=pl_bugscanyon

Is that the type of fog you looking for?

if you want the settings they are here:

http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=3940&highlight=pl_bugscanyon - in post # 7

if you look at the 2 links you'll see the difference a light vs dark texture makes to the setting as well.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  3. SiniStarR

SiniStarR L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Wow your fog really does suit your level it looks really good.

Well what I wanted to accomplish with the fog was to give my level/mountains a misty looking fog.

4. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    Put in an env_fog_controller and name it, then when in-game do a sv_cheats 1 and then ent_fire <name you gave> and look at the autocomplete for the settings you want to test.