Fly Gabe Newell

JoshuaC

L420: High Member
Sep 2, 2008
A friend of mine emailed Gabe recently about the two L4D2 boycotters being flown out to Valve to play L4D2.

In typical Valve fashion they replied humorously.

flygabenewell.jpg

So now he's trying to raise up enough money to fly Both Gabe and ErikJ out to Australia.

Currently as of this post he's up to $375.75 with a very generous donation of $100 from Robin Walker.

http://flygabenewell.blogspot.com/

Last edited:

Waif

L7: Fancy Member
Mar 22, 2009
Haha just looked on the blog site and saw this in the donation log:

Ross submits his two cents
A feller named Ross has submitted $0.02 for our consideration. I hope this doesn't make Shawn mad.

Pilk

L2: Junior Member
Jun 9, 2009
It would be great if they were flown to our fine country. Everyone needs a break from America every once in a while. :3

ratclaw

L2: Junior Member
Feb 2, 2009
heeeey, maybe I could get him to speak at my college if I did this...

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
i think robin just donated that money to piss gabe off lol

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
i think robin just donated that money to piss gabe off lol
Did you see the post where he quoted what Robin actually said? Hilarity.

This is Robin Walker, from Valve. The rest of us at Valve would sure appreciate a couple of days without Erik around, so thanks for organising this!

Quick question though: if I donated more, would you buy a one-way ticket for him?

Robin.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
$100 from Robin Walker of Valve Software
My last post, suggesting that perhaps Batman's trusty sidekick Robin had donated to our cause, was made in error - for there can now be no doubt that the real Robin has contributed. The incredible Robin Walker of Valve Software, that is! He attached the following message:

This is Robin Walker, from Valve. The rest of us at Valve would sure appreciate a couple of days without Erik around, so thanks for organising this!

Quick question though: if I donated more, would you buy a one-way ticket for him?

Robin.

Thanks, Robin!

:p

edit: Ninja Booj strikes again.

SiniStarR

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Mar 31, 2009
Wait so I dont really know the whole story. So I know 2 people got flown to Valve since they were part of the boycott. But what is with this guy? He is just doing a campaign that's is supposedly good or something?

Delusibeta

L3: Member
Mar 21, 2009
Wait so I dont really know the whole story. So I know 2 people got flown to Valve since they were part of the boycott. But what is with this guy? He is just doing a campaign that's is supposedly good or something?
Basically, he's a bit of a Valve fan, sending e-mails to Gabe and the like. However, he never got an invite to visit Valve. Enter the L4D2 boycott, enter the leaders of said boycott into Valve HQ, enter that email in Gabe's inbox. So, now he's raising money to give Gabe and Erik two tickets to his home country, presumably to show off his custom L4D campaign and/or to try to blag a trip back to Valve HQ.

This idea is made of win.