• Center Save Changes Reset

CP Flow B1

A big symmetrical 5CP Map with verticality and setup which is optimal for 18 Players or more

1. Gigon

Gigon L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Flow - A huge 5CP Map with verticality and setup time.

The middle point of this 5CP Map is an Combat Arena with little to no cover and an Underground system useful for recovery and flanking.
    The second point is indoors. With Powerpositions and more cover than the middle Point it's easier to avoid to sightlines. The last point is outdoors like the middle point. It's a large area with a lot of cover.

I tried to make this Map as balanced as possible. Every position with an advantage has a disadvantage and sightlines, close corners combat areas and hiding spots are there so every class is useful.

This is my first playable Map so please share your thoughts about my Map with me.

2. Wizard the Almighty

Wizard the Almighty L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Is there a something with a map that its 64MB? Kinda too big for an alpha

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Gigon

Positive Ratings:
    It's pretty big compared to other 5CP Maps. The low Lightmapscale combined with the size of this map and the high amount of cubemaps make the file size so big. And I already have some props in it which are important for the layout.

4. Gigon

Positive Ratings:
  5. Stack Man

Stack Man L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    It's way too big and open.

Last is mostly open space with props littered about.

Flank routes are all very long, straightforward, and boring.

I know there's an arrow, but the underwater gate at 2nd doesn't look like a path at all.

The two trenches at mid are way too deep, are the only flank route, and are, again, too long and boring.

The point itself at last is kind of cool, but it's too hard to get up to, especially as an attacker.

6. Gigon

Positive Ratings:
    This Update took some time to make and playtest. But I'm happy with the results. I hope this made this map a bit more fun and enjoyable.
    • Reworked the Underground-section under Mid to be more Close
    • Corners, faster to navigate through and smaller, so pyro is more useful and you have to fight for the ablity to flank just like in King of the Hill.
    • Mid Area is shorter and Last Area is thinner.
    • Changed the Lightmapscale in some Areas.
    • Added a Room that connects the sewers and the area of Last so you dont have to get near the spawn of the enemy team to use the sewers as an alternative route.
    • Moved the last forward Spawns a bit back but decreased the Spawntime a bit.
    • Shifted some cover on Last.
    • Created a custom navmesh for better Bot playtesting.

Read the rest of this update entry...

7. Gigon

Positive Ratings:
    Small Update to decrease File size, added a ramp that directly leads up to Last, added cover on last for the attacking Team, added a medium kit for Attackers at last, removed the ladder to get on containers from the attacking site, ditched HDR lightmaps and made the sightlines at mid shorter.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Gigon

Positive Ratings:
  9. Gigon

Positive Ratings:
    The Map is now in Beta! The entire Map is normally textured now. Displacements and (fixed) Decals are coming later. Feedback about Layout and Looks would be appreciated.

10. comradecommie

comradecommie L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Personally, I believe you should leave the lightmapscale as it was originally.