flash

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
ctf_flash
A TF2 map by Sebastian "Seba" Grus

A small CTF map aimed at reducing spawncamping while enabling each team to successfully attack and defend the flags.

Currently on hiatus while I work on Advection and Capricorn.

Last edited:

SlayerBlitz

L3: Member
Dec 3, 2009
Alpine for the win. How big of windows? Like massive windows go around the entire center room which would be amazing or just like 3 or 4 scattered around?

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
Windows hueg liek xbax.

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
First off, good game. It played sorta well, however, the spawns were very campable and it was pretty necessary considering the long sightlines to the intelligence (as Flame proved more than once.) Once a team was at the intelligence it was also pretty difficult to get them off. Everything felt good, it just needs some breaks in the sightlines.

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
Ok, I'll try to break that up a bit. I got kinda lazy while doing the intel hall, so that's what came out :/
Thanks for playing

owly-oop

im birb
aa
Apr 14, 2009
Middle is not fun to fight on. You're either on the bottom fighting around an obnoxious circle thing or you're uptop trying to shoot at people and vice versa but do little damage because you're freakin far away

Only 1 out of the 3 paths do not pass a spawn. Way too easy to spawncamp, if you're not a dick then you will get flanked from behind because someone spawned

The whole map in general is extremely flat and not fun to fight on

SNIPERS SNIPERS SNIPERS. If running 2 snipers in a 6v6 is an EFFECTIVE STRAGETY, YOUR MAP IS TOO OPEN. There's nothing you can do, you can only hope the sniper misses.

The intel room could use something. Try something with a vertical thingy that's like a column, it could do something. I don't know.

Dark

L4: Comfortable Member
Nov 27, 2009
needs more cover around the Intel and in mid, snipers were bringing the pain.
spawn camping was a problem and some how needs to prevented, maybe an exit to the mid.
Also make it bigger, and maybe add touch return

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
The layout is a good start, but it's a bit too basic.
The intel room is way too big and the team that can push up and hold in the enemy intelspawn will cycle cap without much trouble.

The returntimer is much too long for such a small map.

The attack options were either: past spawn or straight to intel. Get the spawn away from the paths, somehow. Or add more attack routes.

Long sightlines lead to sniping oppertunities, might want to cut them down on the entire map, worst is the one on the second floor you can actually zoom in on a respawn door exit.

The game was really fast though, but one sided. If you can keep the matchtempo but even the chances of winning a bit/increase chance of comeback. It could work out nicely.

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
Additionally, respawn times became immense later in the game.

Radaka

L420: High Member
May 24, 2009
-Make mid more interesting
-Make upper ring at mid easier to access
-Try to eliminate spawncamping
-Decrease spawntimes
-Choose better locations for pickups
-Add cover

Overall fun map, just basic.

honorum646

L6: Sharp Member
Oct 9, 2009
Erm, I don't think this map would work well in a swamp.. >.<
Personally I'd go for Desert or Alpine. It would look like some sort of research lab.

Also, I support the "add cover" part. And maybe a secondary exit from spawn if it is too easy to camp. (I haven't looked in the map yet).

Nov 14, 2009
That looks like a dynamite mid: Simplicity is best!
I spent about 3 hours thinking up my mid, only to make it a combo ofcontainers piled on top of each other.