[FIXED] Problem with "Spycrab Room"

EmNudge

L4: Comfortable Member
Sep 23, 2015
I've made this room before and it worked perfectly, I just needed to make it from scratch to fit the basic design choice.
What the room is, is basically 3 rooms with an invisible wall in between. The doors are supposed to spawn open and the button inside the room will allow you to close the door. Once you leave the room (if dead or teleported) the door automatically opens.

What is happening is that the buttons are just staying in the PressedIn position and the door is automatically closing.

Suggestions for the most part without viewing the VMF might not be of much help since I know what I'm doing for the most part and have checked over everything to see if it is different than my first attempt at this.

I've attached the VMF bellow and would be grateful if someone were to take a quick look at it and see why it's not working as planned:

Attachments

• spycrab_room.vmf
    89.7 KB · Views: 102

EmNudge

L4: Comfortable Member
Sep 23, 2015
I've messed around with a few things, did a copy/paste into another map (sometimes hammer just glitches out and copying it fixes odd problems), but nothing seems to work.

EDIT: PROBLEM FIXED

as usual it was something stupid.

For some odd reason, all the triggers were set to FireOnce by default.

The other problem was that I got into the habit of checking off "Damage activates" and using OnPressed, as many have suggestion. I also used other triggers to press the buttons in and out.

I did not realize that when pressing the buttons in and out, it also activates the button and fires whatever the button was set to fire.

The fix was by using OnDamaged and unchecking "Damage Activates"

Last edited: