Filter brush collision with players?

Litronom

L1: Registered
Oct 22, 2016
Hello! I am currently working on a map which includes an area which only certain players should be allowed to enter.
My current setup is a "cage" made of clip textured brushes, a filter_tf_condition and a trigger_add_tf_player_condition which both have the same condition specified.

Now I need to find a way to only allow players which match the filter specified to pass through the brushes.

A func_clip_vphysics would have been perfect since it features a filtername, but unfortunately it is not working for players.
A func_respawnroomvisualizer is also not working since it filters teams and not individual players.

Is there any possible way to have a brush working the way I described above?
(Not talking about teleporting the player in the cage, this is out of question)

Thank you in advance

Litronom

Oct 22, 2016
I tried playing around with trigger_catapult. It seems like the trigger catapults with a delay, so players would be able to circumvent the barrier (e.g. Scout's double jump).

I now used trigger_teleports enveloping the cage which will teleport the player exactly on the other side of the brush, using landmarks. The skip is almost not noticeable. Sadly, it seems like there isn't a cleaner way to handle this.

worMatty

Repacking Evangelist
aa
Jul 22, 2014
Warn them, and then kill them. They will learn.

Litronom

Oct 22, 2016
I'd rather have hazards visible to the players than killing them off out of nowhere.
But thank you for the input anyways.