ficool2's Overhauled FGD (all entities documentated + icons!) 5.0

An updated FGD to help you map EVEN MORE efficiently.

1. Werewolf

aa Werewolf Probably not a real Werewolf

Positive Ratings:
    I've now downloaded this to give it a try and I think I've found a bug already.

When trying to compile cubemaps, it seems to select the size above what I have chosen. In Hammer I set them all to be 1024x1024 as that should be the biggest I can get based on my screen resolution (1920x1080). In game however, when I tried to build the cubemaps it gave this error:
    Code:
    ] buildcubemaps
    Queued Material System: DISABLED!
    R_RedownloadAllLightmaps took 66.912 msec!
    Cube map buffer size 4096 x 4096 is bigger than screen!
    Run at a higher resolution! or reduce your cubemap resolution (needs 4X)
    I tried knocking the setting in Hammer from 1024x1024 to 512x512, compiled, and tried to build cubemaps again, this time with this error:
    Code:
    ] buildcubemaps
    Queued Material System: DISABLED!
    R_RedownloadAllLightmaps took 66.912 msec!
    Cube map buffer size 2048 x 2048 is bigger than screen!
    Run at a higher resolution! or reduce your cubemap resolution (needs 4X)
    As a final test, I set all cubemaps to 'Default', compiled and I could now build cubemaps as normal. From what I could tell it was generating them at 512x512 which is what I had previously set it to anyway!

2. ficool2

ficool2 L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Bizarre, the lists are pretty much identical

[​IMG]

3. ficool2

Positive Ratings:
    You are right, you can target ragdolls (you can't target the player though as that glitches out) and create a similar dissolve effect

Combining this with the Cow Mangler sound + kill icon on a trigger_hurt, its a pretty convincing result

[​IMG]

4. DrSquishy

aa DrSquishy Probably enjoys hydro too much

Positive Ratings:
    How is it that you can target the ragdoll specifically?

5. ficool2

Positive Ratings:
    Unfortunately you can't target 1 ragdoll specfically, you can only target all the ragdolls that exist when the death occured

This is pretty much what happens:

env_entity_dissolver has the target set to "ragdoll1", and its own targetname is dissolver1
    trigger_hurt has these outputs:
    OnHurtPlayer > tf_ragdoll > AddOutput > targetname ragdoll1 > 0.00 delay
    OnHurtPlayer > dissolver1 > Dissolve > -blank- > 0.01 delay

Every ragdoll that exists currently when the player dies in this trigger, will be dissolved (and I doubt there is a workaround for this to only target a specific ragdoll that doesn't use randomization)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Da Spud Lord

aa Da Spud Lord L0: Crappy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Could you use a second trigger to detect tf_ragdolls in the killzone and assign targetnames to only !activators of that trigger?

7. ficool2

Positive Ratings:
    tf_ragdolls are transmitted client side - which means that sadly isn't possible

8. ficool2

Positive Ratings:
    Update 4.7
    - Overhauled the trigger_brush entity (see below)
    - Added SetActive, SetInactive and ToggleActive inputs to func_suggested_build (those did not exist in any FGD before)
    - Fixed func_smokevolume always spawning at 0,0,0 @VoidWarrior22
    - Fixed func_train Target keyvalue
    - Fixed prop_sphere helper to show up
    - Fixed Hammer to draw a wirebox for the "mins" and "maxs" keyvalues on triggers (not sure if this works with TF2 Hammer, as I use an upgraded build)

trigger_brush is an interesting entity which I dived more into, and discovered some new information on it:

It is a deprecated entity from the Half Life 2 beta, and some poor soul attempted to give it some form of use (pun not intended)

The InputFilter keyvalue has now been re-added back onto it (and its the only entity in the game that inherits this keyvalue, oddly)
    The Enable/Disable inputs have also been added onto it

The special targetnames (such as game_playerdie, game_playerkill etc). All the code does is fire a +Use input to any entity which has those targetnames, it is not exclusive to trigger_brush! As a result, you are better off using something like func_button instead, as it gives you more control
    I updated the VDC page for this as a result: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Trigger_brush

The DontMessageParent keyvalue on trigger_brush is now documented (thanks to @Trotim for figuring it out)

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. SeVeN7

SeVeN7 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Bug: ropes connection don't show up

Attached Files:

10. ficool2

Positive Ratings:
    Already mentioned, it appears that its hardcoded to only work with base.fgd and that means I can't do anything about it

11. SeVeN7

Positive Ratings:
    So I can add base.fgd with your fgd that will not interfere with anything?

12. ficool2

Positive Ratings:
    base.fgd will break the entire thing, you can try renaming tf2_ficool_lite.fgd to base.fgd but I'm not sure if that will do anything

13. SeVeN7

Positive Ratings:
    last question: tf_projectile_rocket have damage parameters or something?

14. ficool2

Positive Ratings:
    No, you must spawn it with tf_point_weapon_mimic for it to damage

15. SeVeN7

Positive Ratings:
    pyro can't reflect tf_point_weapon_mimic sadly, but okay thanks

16. ficool2

Positive Ratings:
    Update 4.8
    - Attempted to solve an issue where func_brush would not receive any decals, including sprays (if this is still broken then let me know)
    - Fixed func_train text overflow
    - Fixed missing keyvalues for env_spritetrail
    - Removed tf2_ficool2.fgd, now only tf2_ficool_lite.fgd exists (reason being that there is really no point in using that version, they are // commented out from the FGD if you still want to read about those removed ones)
    - Cleaned up line dividers
    - Cleaned up some descriptions
    - Went through every entity and fixed any grammar issues for the last time

17. Kill_the_Bug

aa Kill_the_Bug

Positive Ratings:
    Liking your work so far and I'm probably using an outdated version but when I created an info_teamplayerspawn < or something like that since I'm on my mac in a different room in the middle of a reno job > I didn't see the usual player entity, I did see a giant error message icon though. Thanks for your work on this and while I think of it, the trigger_hurt can it do the dissolve player thing on kill? I'm doing a space station payload map and would love the pyros to be able to get environment kills using blow back into laser beams/forcefields.

18. ficool2

Positive Ratings:
    I know nothing about Mac so I can't help much, only thing I can see is be sure you installed the .vpk correctly

As for the dissolve, scroll up to the top of this page as someone asked already

19. Khuntza

aa Khuntza

Positive Ratings:
    Hammer is available on Mac? I thought the Mac clients and Linux clients were the one and the same, unix based..

20. Kill_the_Bug

aa Kill_the_Bug

Positive Ratings:
    Sorry for the confusion, I posted the item from my mac - I use hammer on my PC