fenceabuse (name undecided)

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by Gerbil, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Gerbil

aa Gerbil

Positive Ratings:
    So I decided to make a payload map. This is my second attempt. Yay. I'll probably change the theme later.

maybe.

yes.

oh and the name too.

(The map has 3 australium bars hidden around it. Find them all!)

2. fubarFX

aa fubarFX The "raw" in "nodraw"

Positive Ratings:
    the stairs in the 3rd picture are not intended for gameplay I think. it's more of a detail prop

3. Gerbil

aa Gerbil

Positive Ratings:
    Meh. they work for now. If they cause any problems i'll replace them.

4. FiLi

FiLi L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    That last stretch looks very interesting. Like Panic. Since it will be very hard to stop the cart at that point, you might want to add more track before that point.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2010
  5. Grim Tuesday

aa Grim Tuesday

Positive Ratings:
    Can red stand near the cart to stop it from falling down?

6. zpqrei

aa zpqrei Theme Changer Extraordinaire

Positive Ratings:
    I liked it, apart from the finale, it was very spammy, and red could do with more exits from their spawn.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Fraz

aa Fraz Blu Hatte, Greyscale Backdrop.

Positive Ratings:
    The majority of the map is nice, I like it. It seemed kinda flat in some areas, mainly the area around the second cp. I really like the start area, it felt nicely sized, good use of height and there were no OP sentry spots. The final point did indeed feel spammy, open and I just generally didn't like it. I think to remedy it you should bring everything in and make it slightly tighter. The fighting was spread between the high up route to the left and the low down route to the right. The low down one could be camped by sentry guns and the left route was spammed by soldiers/demomen. I look forward to seeing the next alpha of this! :D

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Gerbil

aa Gerbil

Positive Ratings:
    I had some ideas for the last point. Maybe adding some barriers and rocks will make the area less spammy and add more options for both sides. Also new spawn exit for red.

[​IMG]

9. StickZer0

aa StickZer0 💙💙💃💙💙

Positive Ratings:
    Parts of the map felt like you'd got a box and added bits into it, rather than had a prechosen path for the track to follow.

I did enjoy playing it for the most, but you really need to consider where you put health and ammo to maximise their effectiveness.
    Also, there was nowhere to set up a sentry at the last point! The only place with good coverage and ammo nearby, blue could easily just spam rockets from above on it

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Drexer

Drexer L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    An option might be to move RED's final spawn to the other side of the pit. I dislike that one of the exits of RED has got a BLU one way door right to their right on an higher plane than theirs.

You also need to probably move back RED's spawn after the first point is capped, and most of the times although there are various routes, they are all too close together, creating too much of a choke-point feel.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Ginger

Ginger L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    On reds spawn door, somethings wrong with the texture around the edge, it almost is acting like theres a leak but not a leak ^^

12. Mr.Blob

Mr.Blob L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Red's final exit was stupid, it was lower and small, very easily spammed. Spawn camping was easy. I'm not sure about the theme, being new and over used already, but that map was fun. Good work. Btw, less sniper lines :3
    I liked it :D

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Gerbil

aa Gerbil

Positive Ratings:

It happens when there's a closed areaportal that's touching visible parts of the wall. I just left it like that because I'm lazy :p

The spawn and pit area are going to be changed a lot. Expect things in the near future!