Octoplasma

L1: Registered
Jan 19, 2009
I am working on my map ctf_reclamation and am hoping for some feedback

here are the pics:

i can accept constructive criticism!

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2008
You should post this over at the maps section :)
Anyway, it looks alright, can't say much about it at the moment; I need to check out the map itself to give proper feedback.

BrokenTripod

L5: Dapper Member
May 11, 2009
The large white tubes/pipes look hilariously out of proportion with everything else in the map. That might just be me, though.

Octoplasma

Jan 19, 2009
The large white tubes/pipes look hilariously out of proportion with everything else in the map. That might just be me, though.

Well i purposely made the sewers large to give my map an artistic/ unique look and to allow more room to move, seeing as it is a more key route than in 2fort.

If someone else will verify your opinion then i might change them.

and for the first guy, I am going to release it once it is optimized to a playable point (FPS is on the low side.) :D

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
You should post this over at the maps section :)

Aye, you really should for a better responses and allow people to follow it.

Sgt Frag

L14: Epic Member
May 20, 2008
Well i purposely made the sewers large to give my map an artistic/ unique look and to allow more room to move, seeing as it is a more key route than in 2fort.

If someone else will verify your opinion then i might change them.

and for the first guy, I am going to release it once it is optimized to a playable point (FPS is on the low side.) :D

I think what looks odd is the wall thickness of them is so thick. Look at 2fort, the sewers are plenty big enough for movements, but the thickness isn't obsurd. There are actually objects that cap the ends of pipes.

Tf2 isn't so much cartoony as painterly with a comic overtone. All the objects and what not are actually fairly realistic in proportion to real world objects, they just aren't photo realistic.

I think overall it looks pretty good. Probably the thing I dislike looks wise the most is the open middle area and the fact that it looks like a box. You can do anything with the out of bounds area/skybox, try to make it look like a canyon or something.
-------
But gameplay is most important, try to get it up for playtests.

Octoplasma

Jan 19, 2009
I think what looks odd is the wall thickness of them is so thick. Look at 2fort, the sewers are plenty big enough for movements, but the thickness isn't obsurd. There are actually objects that cap the ends of pipes.

Tf2 isn't so much cartoony as painterly with a comic overtone. All the objects and what not are actually fairly realistic in proportion to real world objects, they just aren't photo realistic.

I think overall it looks pretty good. Probably the thing I dislike looks wise the most is the open middle area and the fact that it looks like a box. You can do anything with the out of bounds area/skybox, try to make it look like a canyon or something.
-------
But gameplay is most important, try to get it up for playtests.

66382_t776851.jpg

is that better?