FCVAR_SERVER_CAN_EXECUTE - Error

Sarah

L1: Registered
Aug 6, 2008
Ok so some of you won't approve but I made a 'fun' map, and I added some class restriction triggers. I have some point command entities set up and corresponding triggers. They work fine when I test them on my own 'create a server', trouble is once it got to a server the trigger doesn't work. When you stand next to it you just get this line spammed into your console:

FCVAR_SERVER_CAN_EXECUTE prevented server running command: join_class

I did some googling only to fine some people reporting that valve took this 'method' out ? So I'm asking if anyone knows if/how I can fix this ? I need certain areas to be class specific so you don't get the grievers joining and ruining the fun by buliding sentries in places !

Someone player testing who owns the server said he got this error server side:

DataTable warning: player: Out-of-range value (357.000000) in SendPropFloat 'm_angEyeAngles[0]', clamping.

I'm also at a loss to what that is about (even after some googling no one seems to have the answer).

FaTony

Banned
Mar 25, 2008
DataTable warning: player: Out-of-range value (357.000000) in SendPropFloat 'm_angEyeAngles[0]', clamping.

m_angEyeAngles property is a member of CTFPlayer class. It determines player's eye angles. Or wait... angular speed. Whatever, it's just coz player switched spectator camera and his eye angles were changing very fast. No real problem here.

Are u using point_servercommand or point_playercommand? Because console can't play in dedicated server.

Sarah

L1: Registered
Aug 6, 2008
point client command, which I guess you mean by server side. I started making this map just to learn more of these things along the way so I'm a bit unsure, I'm going to change them to player commands with the same outputs and inputs, see if that changes anything. Thanks for answering ! I've tried everyone everywhere and no one else seems to know !

I also assumed it was the camera angles, I guess there isn't much I can do to 'fix' that one.