faultline

ARENA faultline a1

zahndah

professional letter
aa
Jul 4, 2015
faultline - A tiny arena map for tiny games!

A tiny arena map that I made for quick games on small servers

Some screens:

arena_quickap_a10001.jpg
arena_quickap_a10002.jpg
arena_quickap_a10003.jpg
arena_quickap_a10004.jpg
arena_quickap_a10005.jpg

Lain

lobotomy success story
aa
Jan 8, 2015
I'm surprised you could take more than 2 screenshots of this level, it's EXTREMELY TINY, and does not serve well to any gameplay whatsoever. You are just literally spamming across a bridge that is effectively a control point.
There is a reason Viaduct was never converted into Arena mode, because it would have been a lackluster map, it has a grand total of one major choke point, and that's just no fun for Arena.

Arena maps are usually quite large, featuring many different areas that players can explore and the battle areas are very varied. Even for an A1 this map suffers from some serious design issues. most of the classes in this game want different routes to get around the place, Soldier and Demo want places to jump and hold down with spam, Scouts want places to hop around, Snipers want safe areas with a nice sightline and Heavies want sharp corners to peek around and routes to get behind the enemy for a surprise attack, making a poor design and giving excuses for it like 'it's designed for small amounts of players' isn't really excusing many of the issues with this map, we've heard it before, and i know you can do better.
Heyo also used this philosophy with Junction.. and you know how that worked out for him.

zahndah

professional letter
aa
Jul 4, 2015
To be honest, this map was made in just over an hour (not surprising) jokingly to see if it would work on any level, it would appear it doesn't. I shall remake it not so tiny so that it doesn't take 4~ seconds to run from side to side. Thanks for the advice!