Fathoms

Twist.vmf

L420: High Member
Jul 29, 2016
As the creator of this map, I can definitely say that this project has been dead for years, and I have no plans to resurrect it. Perhaps someone else can take up the torch. Hopefully this will stop any unnecessary bumps years from now. :)
if the map is up for adoption i will take it!

p.s. are you working on anything? you have no maps! also what happened to make you quit?

MajinMHT

L1: Registered
May 28, 2008
if the map is up for adoption i will take it!

p.s. are you working on anything? you have no maps! also what happened to make you quit?

Before you can adopt something, you have to know where it is first. :) It's been quite a while, so I'm not sure where I've kept the files. The amount of work that was done on this map was tiny, so you might as well start from scratch. The only interesting thing was the custom underwater glass shader I made for this map.

To answer your questions, these days I don't work on maps anymore. Back in the day, I made maps for GoldSrc mods (CS 1.6, Sven Co-op), Counter-Strike Source, and worked with a few mod teams. I uploaded a few maps to various websites, but they might not even exist anymore.

Fathoms was basically going to be my first TF2 map, but then I quit because I picked up programming and became a game developer. I just lack the time to work on maps now. I would love to see someone else do an underwater map. :)

Last edited:

radarhead

Basically? Kind of a Huge Mess
aa
Mar 6, 2013
I quit because I picked up programming and became a game developer. I just lack the time to work on maps now. I would love to see someone else do an underwater map. :)

If you don't mind me asking, what games have you worked on as a developer?

Also, in the last year or so, two underwater maps have been developed, Hadal and Abyss!

Twist.vmf

Jul 29, 2016
one last question, how did you do the water effect on the window of the Biosphere?

Lain

lobotomy success story
aa
Jan 8, 2015
I like to think Halo 5 took this maps name and setting, i'm going to keep believing that.

There should be an award for bumping old threads.

Guys please don't Respectflly Disagree this too much k?

Also are you so afraid of having some negative internet points that you have to say that?

Twist.vmf

Jul 29, 2016
Before you can adopt something, you have to know where it is first. :) It's been quite a while, so I'm not sure where I've kept the files. The amount of work that was done on this map was tiny, so you might as well start from scratch. The only interesting thing was the custom underwater glass shader I made for this map.

To answer your questions, these days I don't work on maps anymore. Back in the day, I made maps for GoldSrc mods (CS 1.6, Sven Co-op), Counter-Strike Source, and worked with a few mod teams. I uploaded a few maps to various websites, but they might not even exist anymore.

Fathoms was basically going to be my first TF2 map, but then I quit because I picked up programming and became a game developer. I just lack the time to work on maps now. I would love to see someone else do an underwater map. :)
i don't know if you even come online anymore but, how do you join a modding team? or get into making games on a team for that mater?

sooshey

:3c
aa
Jan 7, 2015
i don't know if you even come online anymore but, how do you join a modding team? or get into making games on a team for that mater?
Usually you start making your own mods first so you have something to show, unless you can find a group who will take you as an "intern" or something. Most of the time you'll want to prove you can contribute. If you've already done that, I guess look around on forums for already-existing teams looking for more manpower, or pitch your own idea and see who else bites. My biggest piece of advice is make sure you have the technical know-how first.