Farmlands

Ezekel

L11: Posh Member
Dec 16, 2008
Farmlands B1
Unless it's a ...

Now available in strawberry beta flavour!

The other team have been busy beavers indeed, they've seen our new intel-pumpkin prototype and have tried to copy us! OH but we'll show them! Our intel-pumpkin-pie recipes can't be beat, using super secrets and a special radioactive brew as a secret ingredient. But wait, what's this? The recipe calls for 2 intelligence pumpkins and we only have one! This is a catastrophe... wait, what's this I spy? why it's the other teams knock-off pumpkin. Well, I suppose it will have to do, and it will taste even sweeter if we have to kill them all to get it! heh heh heh!

"Welcome to the farm(lands)!"
Sun Tsu said that... well not really, but i think he knows a LEETLE bit more about fighting than you do!
What we have here is an attempt to make a more vibrant styled/coloured map, whilst still staying within the constraint of fitting with tf2.
It's a long way from done, as there will be very little in the way of metal textures, and a lot of custom ones towards the end.
So don't go spending your fight money on two of every animal just yet because from this point on whenever two of any animal are together in the same place it will be called a zoo!

note:
- it's a SMALL map. I've yet to see it with more than 9 a side, and can't say how it'd handle 32 players.

- note that the tree are currently placeholders, as i'm waiting for some oak tree models.
- same is true about the brush-made tractor.

Last edited:

Jack Riguel

L10: Glamorous Member
Jul 19, 2009
Remember playing on this a few days ago with you and I loved the idea. The pumpkin is hilariously large and looks downright silly when it's on your back, which really makes this map very entertaining.

However, I still say that one of the current design problems of this map is very easy it is to escape form the intel room after getting the intelligence pumpkin. While I could agree that the window in front of the intel pumpkin could lessen the possibility of a turtle being successful, the map is too small for such and easy escape route. It seemed that whenever someone would get the intel there was very little chance of any players stopping him/her.

Might I suggest instead of having that window open, you close the window (so players can still see the intel) and make another one to the right of the intel, in the room to the side. That way, players would be forced to at least leave the intel room before they can escape the enemies' compound.

Other then that, this is a fun map. I like the size and the idea, it makes for a good small-teamed ctf map.

Ezekel

L11: Posh Member
Dec 16, 2008
updated to beta1 :)

gamemaster1996

L13: Stunning Member
Sep 30, 2009
Where's the strawberrys :I