Farmlands

Ezekel

L11: Posh Member
Dec 16, 2008
basically a lil experiment + a lot of silliness.

a simple and small CTF map, probably not suited well for a large player count.

the goal is to develop a more vibrant thematic style for tf2, but one that still fits tf2.
for the most part all i've done so far on that note really is to jut up the the saturation on the valve-textures.

i'm not done in that regard though i think i'm making positive headway so far.

and yeh, this DID prevent me from finishing the last stage of rollout for this week :p i really need to hurry up :(

Ezekel

Dec 16, 2008
the new theme fits, hoary!!! but it does look very similar to the desert... and the bridge looks wierd

i got a lotta placeholders in there still. and time constraints = i can't go as fast as i would like to

the bridge is how i want it. the settings will bemade to match it

psihomir

L4: Comfortable Member
Mar 17, 2008
Reminds me of Cornfield from FF for some reason, which in turn reminded me of UFO (the game) - and that's not a bad thing, I love maps with cornfields ^^

Zeewier

L9: Fashionable Member
Sep 20, 2008
Hmmz you have really decreased the size of the corn i sent you :O

Ezekel

Dec 16, 2008
Hmmz you have really decreased the size of the corn i sent you :O

yeh... well any higher than that and it just looks weird.
i'm actually now considering replacing the corn with sunflower models instead... i just think sunflowers would look better, plus models= i can rotate them and stuff so it doesn't look like an array of the same sprite over and over

i'll most likely still use the corn sprites, but in a non-playable area

Zeewier

Sep 20, 2008
Have you been hacking my computer? :p

Caliostro

L6: Sharp Member
Jul 6, 2009
The outside is like someone ate a rainbow and vomited all over it.

The inside is win though, so amusing. But it's a map you can't take seriously, it's too small and carrying the intel is way too easy. A scout can cover something like 80% of the way from one base to the other with a single triple jump from the enemy base's window...

Huge pumpkin as intel is hilarious.

That is all.

Ezekel

Dec 16, 2008
Have you been hacking my computer? :p

why... you got some sunflower models on hand? :)

The outside is like someone ate a rainbow and vomited all over it.

The inside is win though, so amusing. But it's a map you can't take seriously, it's too small and carrying the intel is way too easy. A scout can cover something like 80% of the way from one base to the other with a single triple jump from the enemy base's window...

Huge pumpkin as intel is hilarious.

That is all.

i've already touched up the textures so they're less intense for the grass on the outside.if it wasn't almost 2am here i'd put up some new screenshots

Ezekel

Dec 16, 2008
care to share?

Zeewier

Sep 20, 2008
when it's done ;) but i think i already told you :p

Ezekel

Dec 16, 2008
humm this is odd...
if i build cubemaps, the tyre tracks overlays get messed up, with some randomly going dark and some going light. weird ... since the overlay isn't in any way reflective.

anyone got any idea why this is... and also why the water doesn't have a purple/black reflection despite the fact i've not built cubemaps (i've place env_cubemaps on the map as normal, just haven't used the buildcubemaps on the alpha1 release cos of this issue)

Zeewier

Sep 20, 2008
It uses the default cubemaps textures before building them (a hl2 sky)