CP farfarwest

Batandy

L3: Member
Oct 10, 2010
the war for the GOOOOLLDDDD
The RED's must defend their base in the mines full of gold!
Join them and protect the gold!Or join the mighty BLU team to conquer that gold inside the base!
This is my map for he contest!
It will be a 3cp map like mann manor and mountainlab.
1st cp : in the middle of a town's street
2nd cp : in the mines
3rd cp : Red's hideout in the mines full of gold

From the screens you can only see the first cp : the map is very WIP
Also yes i know i shouldn't detail the map while making it,but it gives me more the idea of what i'm doing.

Last edited:

Deloras

L2: Junior Member
Aug 20, 2009
You shouldn't detail so much while working on the map structure, it's a loss of time if you have to remove something that needed you hours of work to detail.

Also, your capture point doesn't seems to work.

Batandy

L3: Member
Oct 10, 2010
i said in the first post why i'm detailing -___-

And yes the capture point is fake for now,just to check the space,when i'll finish the map i'll add the game rules,cap points etc.

Deloras

L2: Junior Member
Aug 20, 2009
Oh, last time I answer just by looking at the screenshots.

Still, I don't think detailing to keep an idea of the further detailing is a good idea.

Firstly, if you re-detail an area every time you have to rebuild it, it will take you a looot of time for nothing, and you delay the real detail time.

Secondly, You may rethink a lot of thing while mapping, if you lock details into your map, it won't be part of the brainstorming you'll have all along the development of your map. It's part of the maturity your project will acquire.

That's my point of view, I know the temptation of early detailing, but your project will never comes to an end if you're not synthetic and simple at the beginning, trust me.