failure

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by fartron, Feb 13, 2008.

1. fartron

fartron L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    When I get on the site at work, I receive this message:

I know we've got no nanny software installed, so I wonder if the site is IP filtering? At first I thought it was because I used Opera at work, but I fired up firefox and ie and got the same result. I got here through a proxy to post this, and the site loaded fine.

2. DJive

aa DJive Cake or Death?

Positive Ratings:
    Providing your work allows you to even seen that page i think its more of a caching issue.

Im not fimiliar with Opera, so i dont know the steps to help you clear it out.

3. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
    yea its a caching issue. we had that about a month back.
    try clearing out your cookies/files in ff and ie.

4. fartron

Positive Ratings:
    I tried in opera, ie and firefox. I'm pretty sure they all use different caches, and I know for a fact I hadn't been to the site in IE before. I'll try it at work tomorrow anyway.

5. fartron

Positive Ratings:
    I cleared the caches in all three browsers and am still getting the same message on every page under tf2maps.net I try to load. Did you guys do a DNS move lately? I wonder if it's cached with the ISP or something.

6. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
    yea we did have a move. try this in your console.

ipconfig /flushdns

7. fartron

Positive Ratings:
    No luck. I checked around, and it's the same on the whole network. I don't know who has the password to the router, or I'd try flushing it there. It may just fix itself eventually, once the move propogates.