1. On August 16th at 9pm CST, the site will be put in to read only mode for maintenance. Maintenance should not take longer than an hour.

failure

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by fartron, Feb 13, 2008.

1. fartron

fartron L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    When I get on the site at work, I receive this message:

I know we've got no nanny software installed, so I wonder if the site is IP filtering? At first I thought it was because I used Opera at work, but I fired up firefox and ie and got the same result. I got here through a proxy to post this, and the site loaded fine.

2. DJive

aa DJive Cake or Death?

Positive Ratings:
    Providing your work allows you to even seen that page i think its more of a caching issue.

Im not fimiliar with Opera, so i dont know the steps to help you clear it out.

3. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
    yea its a caching issue. we had that about a month back.
    try clearing out your cookies/files in ff and ie.

4. fartron

Positive Ratings:
    I tried in opera, ie and firefox. I'm pretty sure they all use different caches, and I know for a fact I hadn't been to the site in IE before. I'll try it at work tomorrow anyway.

5. fartron

Positive Ratings:
    I cleared the caches in all three browsers and am still getting the same message on every page under tf2maps.net I try to load. Did you guys do a DNS move lately? I wonder if it's cached with the ISP or something.

6. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
    yea we did have a move. try this in your console.

ipconfig /flushdns

7. fartron

Positive Ratings:
    No luck. I checked around, and it's the same on the whole network. I don't know who has the password to the router, or I'd try flushing it there. It may just fix itself eventually, once the move propogates.