Factory

Cauet

L1: Registered
Feb 23, 2010
Hello everyone,

I present you a new French map : pl_Factory (renamed from pl_Usine)

This map is a 3-rounds map, round A and round B are in beta version, and the round C will come soon.

In the start of the first round, the little wagon is empty.
The goal of round A and round B is to attach to this little wagon a dispenser and a bomb, then you will have a ful bomb cart.
To attach the dispenser or the bomb, players have to stay on a control point (the point C).

I hope you'll enjoy to play with this map,

Cau3T.

PS : Thank to LBC team for his help.
http://www.team-lbc.fr

PPS : The old thread which have the wrong name could be seen here

Last edited:

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
Sounds like an interesting idea.

You may want to fix those shadows on the tracks though,
You either a) disable shadows
Or b) compile with the -staticproppolys parameter on the VRAD (through expert compile)

Cauet

Feb 23, 2010
Pictures come from the beta 1, so there were some correction ;)

Shadows and collisions were disabled for all tracks, some doors, some props and some capture points.

I didn't know the -staticproppolys option, thanks for the tip :)

Aug 10, 2009
Hasn't this already been released? If you have an update for the map, you can update the thread you don't need to make a new one. Still, a good map. Also, I'm 90% sure factory is taken as a name, so look it up and if it is you should get a new one :)

Cauet

Feb 23, 2010
I also look for the name factory.

Factory already exists as a CP map, a CTF map, a KOTH map, an ACHIVEMENT map, but not as a PL map (source : tf2stats.net).

For the new topic, I ask a modo to change the name of the thread, but after a week without any answer, I've decided to make a new thread because I think that's better to have a thread with the name corresponding to the real name of the map.

Edit : I find another pl_factory made 2 years ago and posted in archives of tf2maps.
After some reflexions, I think Usitory will be a good name. Why ?
- Usitory is a fun name.
- Usitory isn't used ( usitory + tf2 on google = nothing ! )
- Usitory is the contraction between Usine and Factory (The french and the english word for the same thing)

Do you enjoy this name ?

Last edited:

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
Yes, go for it. Anything is better than using an existing name, after all. :p

The game mode idea is pretty interesting stuff, I'd love to try this some time.