extraction

Aug 23, 2008
Cp_extraction is a gravelpit style map with a hydro aesthetic. It features two very pronounced capture points and a very open final capture. The middle section of the map provides attackers and defenders with a variety of paths to get between all three points. Also, doors open when A and B are captured, which assists attackers in getting back into the action, especially when you control both A and B.

Skybox is shit right now, I'll be fixing it in further iterations

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sow_QU0TW6U"]YouTube- cp extraction a6[/ame]

Any feedback is appreciated.

Last edited:

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
Hey, how about you move the player spawns above the playerclip?

Aug 23, 2008
As far as I can tell they are above the playerclip. I think what happens is that the game tends to spawn players on whatever textured brush is directly below the spawn entity. For some reason it doesn't count the playerclip, and it puts the player directly on the floor (intersecting the playerclip) so that they can't move. I'm not sure though, I'll have to take another look. The playerclip isn't really essential, its mostly there to smooth player movement and I'm sure some glass might have the same affect.

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
Wow, this map looks amazing. One thing that you could change though is mess around with the ground a little bit; some displacements couldn't hurt ;)

Connect_Four

L2: Junior Member
Jan 28, 2009
Every time I play this, it just reminds me more and more of cp_warmachine, as some parts look similar

Aug 23, 2008
Wow, this map looks amazing. One thing that you could change though is mess around with the ground a little bit; some displacements couldn't hurt ;)

This is the last alpha moving to beta. The beta will have all ground textures as displacements, and quite a few of the blank concrete walls have been turned into rock displacements as well.

And yes, parts do look a bit like warmachine. However, I think the final point is much closer to the aborted cp_otomo than warmachine.

Aug 23, 2008
Thanks for that. Went ahead and added it. I had put that photo at the top of the entry, but I guess that one goes to something else.

I also added a youtube walkthrough of A6. Keep in mind that A will be significantly altered in the first beta.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sow_QU0TW6U"]YouTube - cp extraction a6[/ame]

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
Looks really impressive! You definately have perfected the industrial/spytech theme with your maps :)

Haven't played it yet, so I can't comment on gameplay.

gamemaster1996

L13: Stunning Member
Sep 30, 2009
It does look good <3 the spawn room

Aug 23, 2008
A7 is good to go. I was mostly fixing the bugged spawn, but I also went ahead and tried to address some of the balance issues with A and B, as well as comphrehension at C.

Aug 23, 2008
Uploaded B2 of Extraction. Some pretty significant changes to C (moved the spawn back a bit, opened up the space around the point, made rocket jumping to the point a bit harder, etc) and some slight alterations to A and B.