Extinguish fire with brush?

Apr 13, 2009
func_regenerate, but you probably don't want to try that either. :D

Maybe a trigger_hurt with negative damage that does not retrigger immediately ?

Mar

Banned
Feb 12, 2009
Honestly I'd say your best bet is a func_regenrate (I think that's it, it's the brush a resupply closet uses). While it would be kinda weird, it probably works the best.

Or have a bunch of heath packs stacked on each other.

But only do that if what loc n lol said doesn't work.

Sgt Frag

L14: Epic Member
May 20, 2008
Man, I really miss meta-props (being able to add any game script to about anything).

I hadn't thought of a negative hurt. Gonna try it just for kicks.

I thought about regen for a sec, but it would be really weird to gain health and ammo in that spot.

It's walking through my waterfall that I wanted the player to be extinguished if they were on fire. There is already a very very minor hurt trigger there to simulate the pounding of the water fall and to try and discourage camping. We'll see how that goes. There's also a slight downward/outward push.

An invisible (not rendered) health pack might be close, haven't tried it yet. But I don't really want to give players health for standing in water, just wanted to stop burning.

If all else fails there is a health pack close to one side and a pool of water to the other.

Spike

L10: Glamorous Member
Feb 13, 2008
You can simply add a very thin invisible water brush. Don't know if it will work but give it a try

EDIT: wanted to say thin

Last edited: