External TF2 Health Bar

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by invertMASA, Jan 24, 2015.

1. invertMASA

invertMASA L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    I just set up ambilight for my PC, and im in love with it! But then, I got an idea. With WS2801 LED's, Would anyone know where I could start on learning how to set up the LED's to pretty much emulate my health bar in game. So Picture this, haveing two rows of LEDs behind your monitor, One side for your health, and the other ammo. Would be pretty awesome, yeah?

2. Zed

aa Zed Certified Most Crunk™

Positive Ratings:
    Pretty sure that setting your keyboard up to do that would end up getting you VAC Banned.

3. Fantasma

aa Fantasma

Positive Ratings:
    How on earth would that get you vac banned

4. invertMASA

invertMASA L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Would be nothing to do with my keyboard, Would be to strips of LEDS mounted on the backside of my monitor, and just be a copy of my health and ammo bar. But yeah I bet messing with them files would do that, So there goes that Idea haha.

5. Zed

Positive Ratings:
    It involves external software reading the game's memory. It's similar to the way a lot cheats work.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  6. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    I suppose you could build a custom HUD that displays the health and ammo as relatively small bars, and then program Ambilight to only echo those specific pixels, when TF2 is running and in focus.

7. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    Bingo. Steve has it.

8. Zed

Positive Ratings:
    ^This.