Express

FlavorRage

L4: Comfortable Member
Oct 12, 2008
So, these three trains walk into a bar. The bartender looks at the tallest one and says, "Hey buddy, we---"

Wait. Let me start over.

So these three trains pull into a station. One of them is the express freighter from Prospector Sutton's old gold mine. Apparently the miners there have found a new vein of ore, because the train is loaded down with entire cars full of gold ore. The other two just happened to be filled with RED and BLU mercenaries. Your imagination can fill in the details of what happened next.

----

I'm home sick today, and I blundered upon this old VMF that I started a while back. I put some finishing touches on it and thought I would release this early, undetailed version of the map. "Express" refers both to the fact that it takes place in a train station, and to the nature of gameplay. I tried to design the map in such a way that those "20 minute arena matches where the CnD spies have a staring contest" happen less often. This is an immensely minuscule :)confused:) map, with almost nowhere to hide. The rounds promise to be short, and very, very brutal. Hopefully.

And don't worry, the ceiling's a brush. :lol:

Last edited:
T

The Asylum

So where's the CP? Don't tell me you're not going to put one in...

FlavorRage

L4: Comfortable Member
Oct 12, 2008
Oh no It's there, on the exposed flatbed of the center train. Sorry, I guess I didn't make it visible enough in the screens.

OlafK

L2: Junior Member
Sep 12, 2009
Medium health pickup? In my Arena Mode? Come on, it's even in so easy to reach place... :O

Exist

L6: Sharp Member
Oct 31, 2009
Cp location

it's in the 1st photo if anyone is gonna ask again.

strangemodule

L5: Dapper Member
Sep 10, 2009
A bit of a nitpick here, but the metal texture on the right wall should be either fitted or otherwise find a way to break up the tiling.

Aug 10, 2009
I would add another set of tracks unless you want what TPG is suggesting, i.e. utter chaos. Also, I would mix each track up by flipping one set on the y axis (if this was sitting facedown on an x/y graph), so that if one side the two trains were on the bottom, the other side would have the two trains on the top. Also, maybe add some varyationz?

McNuggetFiend

L3: Member
Jun 22, 2009
Really like the looks of this map. We will be putting it in our rotation this upcoming week and will hopefully be getting you some feedback sometime on it. I host an Arena/KoTH server and love trying out all these new maps from time to time and try fitting them into our standard rotation.