Explosive barrels for the pumpkin bombs

FlavorRage

L4: Comfortable Member
Oct 12, 2008
What the title says. I would like to have harvest_event's explosive pumpkin mechanic, but obviously explosive barrels would be way more ubiquitous and appropriate for non-Halloween settings. CAN IT BE DONE?

Also, small battery model just in case valve codes the kritz candy as a normal pickup that mappers can place.

c-106mc

L1: Registered
Sep 9, 2009
I guess you could make a model replacement for the pumpkin using one of the existing barrels.

That would be a quick fix, but it wouldn't work in the long run, since players have been trained to think that the barrels aren't explosive, so you would need a new barrel that conveys it is volatile. I wolud suggest something like a barrel with dynamite sticks sticking out of it or something, since it would seperate it from regular barrels by shape, but that's just me.

Okrag

Wall Staples
aa
Jun 10, 2009
You could do a barrel skin with the classic fire logo on it. Also, you might need barrel gibs.

Tapp

L10: Glamorous Member
Jan 26, 2009
Might I suggest a more plausible spawning system, if possible. If your map is a factory theme, delivering them by conveyor belt will also mark their spawn points.