1. Hey there Guest,

The game servers have moved to semi-dedicated hardware and IPs have changed. Please see front page server widget for up-to-date game server information.

Exploding func_breakable?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by 4tonmantis, Oct 29, 2009.

1. 4tonmantis

4tonmantis L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hiya, first post after lots of tut lurking :)

EDIT: Figured it out... I ended up tying an output trigger on break to the wall breaking it...

NEW QUESTION:

I need to tie an explosion to my gas tank... I don't even know where to start... I want it to hurt anyone in the radius and have the environmental effect... is this an env_entity or something else?

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  2. Micnax

aa Micnax I maek map

Positive Ratings:
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. 4tonmantis

Positive Ratings:
    Not to sound dense, but do I place the point entity in the proximity of the exploding object or is it created in real-time by simply having the env_explosion call?

4. Dr. KillPatient

Dr. KillPatient L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    You place the env_explosion inside the oxygen tank right in the middle of it, as the env_explosion is where the explosion will be created from.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. 4tonmantis

Positive Ratings:
    Hmm... not sure what went wrong but the explosion isn't working... I named it
    "ExplosionForGasCanister"
    The output for ExplodingGasContainer is
    OnBreak, Target: ExplosionForGasCanister, Explode

The settings for the env_explosion:
    Magnitude 1000
    Radius Override 0
    Sprite Midsidesprite.vmt
    RenderMode Additive

I tried this with and without the explosion settings for the func_breakable... the wiki wasn't very helpful beyond understanding what the various variables mean :(

6. 4tonmantis

Positive Ratings:
    Okay... the first problem...SOLVED
    env_explosion shouldn't be parented to the object that is triggering the explosion...it is removed when it breaks and doesn't get to fire off the explosion

NEW PROBLEM:

env_explosion is crashing my map 100% of the time...

EDIT:
    Fixed... damage, radius, and placement were all changed and brought into manageable ranges... runs reliably 100% of the time now.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2009