Exclusive Teleportation

PWNZOR666

L1: Registered
Jun 9, 2009
Hi there. I'm making a duel map. I want it to be 1v1 only, but allow players to watch from the spawn. Currently I have a one-way glass window, so people in the spawn can look out into the battlefield but people in the battlefield can't look in. I have a teleporter in the spawn that will teleport people from the spawn to the battlefield. Now what I want is for the teleporter to deactivate after someone takes it, and then reactivate when that person dies. I've figured out how to succesfully disable the teleport zone after it teleports someone, but re-enabling it is the tricky part. Is there any way to do this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you need screenshot clarification, just ask.

Geit

💜 I probably broke it 💜
aa
May 28, 2009
Just make two large trigger_multiple's that cover the battlefield, name them blu_death_trig and red_death_trig.

Then make two Filter_activator_tfteam, one set to "Allow entities that match criteria" for each team, and then add the filter to the trigger_multiples, Blu to blu, red to red, obviously.

Then add an output to the trigger_multiples <OnEndTouchAll> - <(TEAM)_tele> - <Enable>

PWNZOR666

Jun 9, 2009
Awesome! It works perfectly! Difficult to test by myself, but after some fiddling I could see that it works. Thank you so very much! :D

Now is there a way to replace a model via an output? I want the teleporter to idle after it's taken, but the idle animation is in a different model than the spinning animation.

Geit

&#128156; I probably broke it &#128156;
aa
May 28, 2009
Awesome! It works perfectly! Difficult to test by myself, but after some fiddling I could see that it works. Thank you so very much! :D

Now is there a way to replace a model via an output? I want the teleporter to idle after it's taken, but the idle animation is in a different model than the spinning animation.

I think, the best way of doing that, is by having two models, and hide the animated one when it needs to be idle, and vice versa.

You can also enable/disable particles, if you so wish to do that,I've attached a quick sample map to show how it could be done, read the info_targets for information.

Click here for download

PWNZOR666

Jun 9, 2009
I've been wanting to make a teleporter. How did you make yours?

1. Make a prop_dynamic with whatever model you want the teleporter to look like. I did models/buildables/teleporter_light.mdl, then set its default animation to "running". That makes a spinning teleporter model. If you want the particle effects too, you should take a look at Geit's tele map.
  2. Make a nodraw zone around the teleporter with the class trigger_teleport.
  3. Create an entity with class info_teleport_destination where you want the players to be teleported and target that entity in the trigger_teleport.
  4. Make sure you set the flags in the trigger_teleport to include all the objects you want to teleport. (At least clients, I'm guessing.)

Geitiegg; said:
I think, the best way of doing that, is by having two models, and hide the animated one when it needs to be idle, and vice versa.

You can also enable/disable particles, if you so wish to do that,I've attached a quick sample map to show how it could be done, read the info_targets for information.

Thanks a bunch. I think I will add those particle effects. From what I saw, it looks like you make three info_particle_system entities on each teleporter, one with the teleporter_<color>_wisps_level2 system name, one named teleporter_<color>_charged_wisps and teleporter_<color>_entrance, is that correct? How did you know what to name the systems in order to get the desired particle effect?