Ex_Excavation

Ex_Excavation a17

Asd417

Sample Text
aa
Mar 20, 2016
Ex_Excavation - Picked up from YM. I'll see how much I can work with this. (GO BIG OR GO HOME)

YM worked from a1 to a9. He posted a10 on the orphanage forum and it looked interesting and decided to pick it up.

Unique Gamemode that combines rd logic and koth logic. The excavator sprays cores(or in this case just 'ore') on the point when the point is captured. Picking up the core directly counts towards the victory condition but the enemy team can steal your core.

I think it should be a pretty fast-paced and interesting. There are two objectives each team needs to complete which are 1. capping the point and 2. defending their core.

I am planning to make a custom model for the excavator if I decide to get serious with this. Probably will.

I also want to change the layout a bit but that depends on the playtest result.

Asd417

Sample Text
aa
Mar 20, 2016
added a one-way dropdown door above the 'flag' room.
added 2 drop holes in the top conveyor to allow better rotation without allowing players to use the top route as a cheese
changed 2 rocks on each side to tall buildings. This provides cover for spawn exits so now players on top of the excavator cannot look at both exits from the same spot

Read the rest of this update entry...

Asd417

Sample Text
aa
Mar 20, 2016
Changed rock colours to red. I want to make this a unique variant of badlands aesthetics. Hopefully not just straightup badlands.

Cores are now neutral. Any team can pick it up.

Fixed some clipping issues.

Changed lighting to white so that it's no longer a greenish yellow.

Changed Environment lighting and skybox texture.

Custom excavator prop will be added soon. I am almost finished with it.

Twist.vmf

L420: High Member
Jul 29, 2016
i love that machine. whats it called again?
closes i could find was the name bucket-wheel excavator, and it is definitely much bigger than most machines that look like it
bucket+wheel+excavator.jpg

Asd417

Sample Text
aa
Mar 20, 2016
Thank you valve for quite quickly addressing the issue. I think 2 weeks is fast enough considering how they had to package up as may bug fixes as possible.
Again, thank you.

Now that item_bonuspack is working as intended, I can finally ship this update.

The cores are now neutral and it will not cause a significant server lag.

Asd417

Sample Text
aa
Mar 20, 2016
I need a good name for this custom gamemode.
Thinking of 'Capture and Steal' cs_
also need a new name. Something that isn't excavation, which imo not really memorable.

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014

Jack5

L4: Comfortable Member
Apr 6, 2018
This map crashes my Team Fortress 2 as soon as the map loads.