Evil Genius on Steam

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dr. Spud, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Dr. Spud

aa Dr. Spud Grossly Incandescent

Positive Ratings:
    For those of you who don't know, Evil Genius is a 4-5 year old game that basically came up with the TF2 spytech art style before TF2 did. Some of us were talking about the game about a week ago, and coincidentally it was just added to the Steam catalog.

It's a real-time strategy/base building game. Basically, you build an evil lair in a mountain, defend it, and send out minions to do "acts of infamy" around the world. It's not the best strategy game ever, but it's in the decent-to-good range. It's pretty funny and charming, though, and for $10 it's worth it.

link: http://store.steampowered.com/app/3720/

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Icarus

aa Icarus

Positive Ratings:
    I love the game, but I just wish there was a difficulty option... and more maps!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Shmitz

aa Shmitz Old Hat

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah, I loved the game, up until the very last spy, who "cheats" so bad that I gave up on the game and never touched it again. They honestly could've found a lot of ways of making him hard without resorting to breaking pretty much all of the rules for spies that they had established through the entire rest of the game.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. DJive

aa DJive Cake or Death?

Positive Ratings:
    i had just always wished for multiplayer =(

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Sebhael

Sebhael L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I recall seeing this in bargain bins everywhere :( I was a young broke fool with a horrible computer at that time though, so I never even considered it.

I might just have to pick it up this week though for it's measly $10 tag though :D

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. red_flame586

red_flame586 L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Mine always crashed after the first big spy came along, so I never got to play it that far

7. Tom Foolery

Tom Foolery L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I have a friend who was telling me about that game a while back; I'll have to go buy it.

8. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    I need a brake from TF2 and this is perfect!

9. FaTony

FaTony Banned

Positive Ratings:
    Wow I thought u guys don't know this game. It's epic.