Everything's so dark ;_;

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by The Asylum, Sep 14, 2008.

1. The Asylum

aa The Asylum

Positive Ratings:
    So I've got an outdoorsy area in my map, and when I compile w/ vrad, the hallways and stuff are lit just fine, but everything that's (supposed) to be lit by the light_enviroment in my mini-skybox outside the bases is really dark. My skybox roof isn't all that high up, and I've even tried putting the light_enviroment right where eye-level would be in my map.

What gives?

2. nossie

nossie L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    ok first off check for leaks... 2nd of all could u post a screenie maybe? might be easier to understand.

3. 3DRyan

3DRyan L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah, a screen shot would help. You might have large objects that are blocking the skybox from lighting certain areas. It all depends.

4. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    Check your env_light pitch angle. you need it pointing downward to illuminate your map. ie, -15, or -70 etc. 0 has it lighting your map from the side exactly, -90 is directly down.

5. The Asylum

aa The Asylum

Positive Ratings:
    Solved it

Apparently just picking "Down" from the drop menu on top doesn't do anything.

Thanks everyone :3

6. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    Picking down should change your pitch to -90. I'm not sure why it hasn't for you..

Glad you got it fixed though.

7. FaTony

FaTony Banned

Positive Ratings:
    Nope, grazr, there are "pitch yaw roll" and "pitch" - different keyvalues.