Everything on my map is gone

Seitan

L3: Member
Oct 30, 2015
So i was creating a map since like 1 month ago and everyday i open up Hammer to do some progress on it, today i just did the same, open Hammer and load my map, but now i got this, all my map elements are gone, i already tried decompiling the most recent .bsp file to open up on Hammer and continue, but it didn't work.

Yesterday:

http://i.imgur.com/atiOHc1.png

Today:

http://i.imgur.com/gpqwE1C.png

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Rename the <mapname>.vmx to <mapname>.vmf and try that

Failing that find your hammer autobackup folder (I think it defaults to C:/HammerAutosave) and check through those too. (again, extensions might need renaming)

Seitan

Oct 30, 2015
Rename the <mapname>.vmx to <mapname>.vmf and try that

Failing that find your hammer autobackup folder (I think it defaults to C:/HammerAutosave) and check through those too. (again, extensions might need renaming)

Renamming the <mapname>.vmx to <mapname>.vmf didn't work, i just got a "hammer.exe stopped working" crash, and i can't find my Hammer autobackup folder.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
You didn't accidentally end up with <name>.vmf.vmx did you?

Tools > Options:
autobackup.JPG

Seitan

Oct 30, 2015
So i found the last auto-saved version of my .vmf file and i converted it to .vmf, i loaded on hammer and this message appared, what i must do?

sClgqV0.png

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Say yes, and then go find which brush is missing and remake it without letting it be concave

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Say yes, and then go find which brush is missing and remake it without letting it be concave
You lucked out. Last time I checked, clicking Yes on that message would also remove all the entities or something like that. Lost all the source files for my artpass map that way.

Three Million

L4: Comfortable Member
Jul 2, 2015
You lucked out. Last time I checked, clicking Yes on that message would also remove all the entities or something like that. Lost all the source files for my artpass map that way.
It removes most of your entities, that message popped up when I was working on a map. I blindly clicked yes and half of my map was just gone. I couldnt undo anything at all. :(