Everything falling through the floor?

• If you're asking a question make sure to set the thread type to be a question!

ShailsTDSPT

L1: Registered
Aug 24, 2010
Ok today I had the awesome idea of making a map. So I got around it going into the dev community wiki and learning and learning. I managed to do what will be RED's spawn and building on the map. However I went to test if everything was smooth and guess what. My Scout fell through the map. "Ok... I'm starting and I dunno what to do with this... Better to ask to the mappers on TF2Maps" And here I am. So... Any idea why it refuses to work? The block's tickness? Or I did I forget to do something to it?

gamemaster1996

L13: Stunning Member
Sep 30, 2009
Any blue team ones?

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
Make sure they're at least 16 units above the ground that you want them to spawn on; sounds like you put them in the brush.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Yeah, for some weird reason making them "level with the ground" actually puts them partly inside the floor. Luckily putting them above the ground does not make them start out above it and then fall onto it when they spawn, like you'd think.

ShailsTDSPT

L1: Registered
Aug 24, 2010
So I need to put them in the air 16 units above the floor? Thanks!

EDIT: It works! Thanks ^^

Last edited:
T

The Asylum

Your default point entity should be info_player_teamspawn. Just select the entity tool and click on the ground, and that should put them an acceptable distance above the floor brush. That way you don't actually have t measure the distance from the spawnpoint to the floor

Moose

L6: Sharp Member
Nov 4, 2009
Teamspawns don't have to be exactly 16 units off the ground, so don't worry about remembering that number. Also, keeping spawns directly on top of floors doesn't just place players underground, it breaks teamspawns entirely.